PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dimes and a Large Cent

angellionel
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Yesterday I hunted two local parks and picked up 19 wheat cents but no silver. Today I hit two other local parks and this time they released the shiny stuff. The first park yielded a 1902 Barber dime and the other gave up two mercury dimes, dated 1937 and 1941.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/silverdimes_032510.jpg

I also found my seventh large cent of the year, dug at the second park, but like most of the others that have come out of the parks it did not hold up well. It's still a fun find though. :cool:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/largecent_032510.jpg

Both parks also yielded several old wheat cents and one Indian Head cent, dated 1908.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/wheatcents_032510.jpg

HH!

Epi-hunter
03-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Those barber dimes are so beautiful :smitten: I really love them.

Yes, the mercs are nice too :lol: The large cent is crusty all right, but still a great find. :)

Congrats (yet again) on the silver!

del
03-26-2010, 02:34 AM
7th large cent , :shocked04: wow i can hear it already Angel , George will be whinning :crying01: :crying01: to me about staying ahead of ya in the copper department. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: he's such a infant sometimes :poke: :poke: :lol: :tongue:
many congrats on the shiney stuff my friend . :thumbsup01:

angellionel
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Those barber dimes are so beautiful :smitten: I really love them.

Yes, the mercs are nice too :lol: The large cent is crusty all right, but still a great find. :)

Congrats (yet again) on the silver!

You do need to leave those pesky mercs in the ground. :lol: Thanks. :)

7th large cent , :shocked04: wow i can hear it already Angel , George will be whinning :crying01: :crying01: to me about staying ahead of ya in the copper department. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: he's such a infant sometimes :poke: :poke: :lol: :tongue:
many congrats on the shiney stuff my friend . :thumbsup01:

:lol: I'll consider myself fortunate to find another large cent in the next two months. :huh: :lol:

Thank you Dan. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-26-2010, 09:18 AM
ok you are the man!!!! :thumbsup01: awesome stuff.are you like the only guy in mass with a detcetor?
oh hi George!!!!!!! :tongue:

catskillcomics
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Nice finds as usual, especially the LC. I hate finding a LC that so corroded.. it seems like those found in the parks are always that way, where the ones in the woods come out much nicer. But none the less, a exciting find.

coinnut
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM

are you like the only guy in mass with a detcetor?
oh hi George!!!!!!! :tongue:

:lol: :lol: Seems like some guys need some TLC :smitten: :smitten: I'm sorry guys, you had a bad day?? :confused: Was wondering about you Angel? Didn't see any post yesterday and was wondering if you got out? Nice silver and a large cent is always good, even if the ground destroys them :ticked: I don't think it's me you got to worry about whining in the copper department, must be them other two guys :rofl: :poke: :poke: :crying02: :crying02: Nice hunt Angel.

ProPointer
03-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Nice hunt yet again. :thumbsup01:

RickO
03-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Very nice silver.... you do very well in that area... HH RickO