PDA

View Full Version : got a head today detecting

leslie(nova scotia)
08-19-2012, 05:39 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....couldn't sleep much after night shift so I had a couple of hours before I had to bunk down in preparation for my last night shift of the rotation. Weather was a mixed bag and I didn't stray too far. Even put Otto's ac on!
Anyway hit a playing field and in no time had a quota of 53 coins. Found an Egyptian head which can be seen in the lower right corner of the picture.
Was sweating buckets so I adjourned to a local lake for a quick refreshing dip with my Seahunter MK11. Sure felt nice on the knees. Noticed a group of young folks approach the water speaking a foreign language............which one I didn't know till the word cerveza was spoken. As they prepared to go in the water one of the young, not unattractive ladies turned around...................I was aghast as all there was left of her bathing suit bottom was a center string! The first thought that crossed my mind was that I should ago to the lady and donate my days coinage to her to purchase a new bathing suit. Knowing that Marie reads my posts I wasn't going to put myself in the dog house and just................thought of the idea.
Not the type of attire for aquatic endeavors normally seen here in Nova Scotia. Sorry bouys no photo!
After a couple more quick glances I scoffed up two more coins and called it a day. Headed home for a power snooze before night shift.
Take for the day was 55 coins @$10.74, a Brit coin (an omen perhaps?) the head, an angel dog pin and a zipper pull.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/001-30.jpg
<;)

Tony Two-Cent
08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Nice finds, Les! :clapping:

What, no photo of the bathing beauty? :dontknow:

Just as well, I guess. This is a family forum after all. lol

Fire Fighter 43
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice hunt and finds |:cheering:

buck57
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice finds there les :) You know, to capture the whole hunting experience we like pic's. Pic's of the lake, playing field, and what nots ;) Good hunting, and what a way to cool off, while keeping on swinging. thumbsup01

jkress
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Another nice bunch of digs Leslie. Congratulations. :clapping:
Sounds like an interesting day. :twirlingeyes: lol

milco
08-19-2012, 10:33 PM
What a haul. I wish we would get rid of the bills and adopt the $1 & $2 coins here south of the border, makes the clad count go up in a hurry!

aloldstuff
08-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Oh how does one concentrate after an experience like that, Oh thats right you only dug two more coins and left. rofl. Nice clad count.