PDA

View Full Version : A new record

RobW
08-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Al and I have been hitting a new park for the past few weeks and the amount of finds is unbelieveable.

I did find out about this park from another detectorists...we ran into him at the park yesterday. In talking with him, he said that he and his buddy had pounded the park and there really isn't anything left. I didn't tell him what I had been finding, and said that I had found only a few merc...he said that he's impressed that I was able to find that much...

Well...yesterday, I managed a dateless Large cent, a 1902 Indian, a 1925 Buffalo, 1964 Quarter, War Nickel, 4 Mercs, 2 Roosies, and 10 wheats...giving me a new high for daily silver of 8.

POKIE73
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM
hunted out park doesnt look like its hunted out by your finds guess you just got lucky right as long as they belive that looks like you guys have a great spot for the oldeis congrats on your finds dennis

aloldstuff
08-20-2012, 08:30 AM
WTG Rob, you definately kicked my butt. Nice ploy on the other guy as to what we are finding, didn't like his plugs anyway. I have been thinking about what you said and I agree, there has to be seated there (somewhere). Again :congrats: on a :perfect10: hunt.

Congrats on getting to your silver goal. |:cheering:

buck57
08-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Great hunting there Rob :congrats: Yea, I was approached myself by a detectorist stating how much others have hunted out the park. Well I got three silvers in two weeks. Like I mentioned on another post just this past weekend, when every one goes out, consider it Virgin ground which it is for you. We all have different techniques and detectors, so take it slow and enjoy :grin: Good hunting Rob thumbsup01

angellionel
08-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Rob! :clapping: Great bunch of finds. |:cheering:

CODY
08-20-2012, 10:26 AM
WTG, You just never know whats there. Congrats!

Tony Two-Cent
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow, great bunch of finds, Rob! Congrats on your record day! :clapping:

Nice bunch of silver, and the large cent is a great find too. It has been so long since I've found a large cent (27 years) I've forgotten what it's like.

JTGOLD
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
nice bunch of keepers,wtg.

AmxFred
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Congratulations! Don't know what machine you have but my Etrac doesn't know what hunted out means either. There are always goodies to be found. Hope you find many more! :perfect10:

freemindstuck
08-20-2012, 01:20 PM
WTG! Those are some really nice finds. I hunt with a V3i and pull silver out of heavily hunted areas all the time. I believe the hunted out park is usually a myth. And it's not the detector but the person running the detector. Even the fanciest machine will produce poor results if the operator isn't proficient with it. Congrats on the finds!

RobW
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Congratulations! Don't know what machine you have but my Etrac doesn't know what hunted out means either. There are always goodies to be found. Hope you find many more! :perfect10:

thumbsup01 Of course I hunt with an E-Trac :cool:

AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF ANGEL :angelic:

I believe the hunted out park is usually a myth. And it's not the detector but the person running the detector. Even the fanciest machine will produce poor results if the operator isn't proficient with it.

I couldn't agree more...with everything you said...but I still beieve that you need at least a decent detector

starman2
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
:perfect10:! Thats one fantastic day of hunting! :congrats: on all the silver! |:cheering:

jkress
08-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow... you had an incredible day. :perfect10: Especially at a park. :clapping:
Eight silvers plus a LC... :smitten: Congratulations Rob.

I agree with you, having the right tool will give the knowledgeable detectorist many opportunities. :yes:

dalewestaby
08-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Someone has been gridding out a park in fennimore WI hard. is that you:huh: lol

Sal66
08-22-2012, 01:11 AM
If it's a new park then where did all the old coins come from ? :hysterical:
Seriously, nice finds and Congrat's |:cheering:

RobW
08-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Someone has been gridding out a park in fennimore WI hard. is that you:huh: lol

While I don't mind driving to find a good spot ....WI is a bit far....though I could use a change in scenery

If it's a new park then where did all the old coins come from ? :hysterical:
Seriously, nice finds and Congrat's |:cheering:

It's a new park for us....we didn't know it existed until recently...our area is very old as well (most towns around here were founded from mid 1600s to late 1700s), so even if the park didn't come into existence until 1900...the land has been used for hundreds of years

tanacat
08-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Very happy for you! What a fantastic hunt :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
08-24-2012, 01:04 PM
:wow: Great hunt, congrats on all the nice finds. Maybe you should ask him where else he and his buddy hunted out, LOL