PDA

View Full Version : Keepers while in PA

Snapolson
08-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Hey folks! I haven't had much time to go beepin in a while, but finally had a chance for a bit yesterday and today while I'm in Williamsport, Pennsylvania on business. Hit an old park yesterday in the city and found the play dime (my first) as well as the 1902 Indian penny with a great green patina. After chatting with a guy in the park he invited me to check his little yard nearby. I found a 1946 Wheat penny, an old spoon and lipstick applicator. (I don't have pics of the last two). Also, I recently broke my iPhone, so no pics from the field for a while. :crying02: I have a camera in my old cell phone but a crappy camera!

Then today I visited family in Wilkes-Barre and was able to check out my mom's yard for a bit. I found a $1.24 in change and a nice 1946 Jefferson nickel. I wish I hit a 1945 to get on the board with the shiny stuff. lol Oh well. The area used to be part of a coal mining operation many years ago and the other finds were interesting too. There was a metal plug with the letters H - O with Co's written below. Also, and old bullet and a pin with the words Sampson Plugs. The other letters I can't make out. Also found a nice pin or old button with a sunburst on front.

Anyway, I had a great time getting out either way. Hope everyone else gets out too. Happy hunting! :groovy:

starman2
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
|:cheering:! Some really cool finds! Glad you got out for a while. The weather has been just right for MD'ing here in Mi. I like the sun burst pin! WTG!

jkress
08-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Glad to see you could get back out there Snapolson. :clapping: Metal detecting time has been tough to come
by for me... so I feel your pain. crying01

Congrats on the keepers, especially the IH. :smitten:

POKIE73
08-21-2012, 06:12 AM
congrats on your finds like everybody else around here hunting has been hard as the ground we need rain a lot of people are hardly getting out again congrats on your hunt dennis

aloldstuff
08-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Glad you found some time to detect. Some neat finds there, especially the button. I have yet to get a play dime or any play money.

JTGOLD
08-21-2012, 01:24 PM
nice IH and good finds,wtg.

CousinEddie
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Great hunt!!! I'm not too terribly far from Williamsport....