PDA

View Full Version : bought an e-trac today

michmark
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
i traded my vx3 in and got the etrac it came with the andy sabisch book so i will be doing my homework so far it seems really smooth it doesnt get as jumpy in trash as the v

del
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
congrats , you'll notice its a machine thats very good right out of the box with no fiddling with.

CyberSage
08-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Congratulations on the new E-Trac! |:cheering: I would recommend this thread for your reading pleasure.

From the master himself... Angel

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=803.0

You will be finding a lot of Silver in short order. :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
08-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Congrats on getting an E-Trac! Now remember what I told you about using it in Illinois. \:hammer: lol

Mine came with the Andy Sabisch book too. To be honest, that book seems to be geared towards people transitioning from an Explorer to an E-Trac, and I found it to be of limited use when I first got my E-Trac. The book made a lot more sense to me after I had used my E-Trac in the field for a couple of months.

However, the thread that CyberSage linked to above is pure gold for a new E-Trac user, or even a seasoned one! thumbsup01

Bell-Two
08-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I totally concur with Tony about Andy's book. Read through it but put some time on the E-Trac and then go back and read it again and you will start to understand some of the stuff Andy is saying. Watch a lot of videos in particular the ones that feature seasoned E-Trac users.

michmark
08-21-2012, 11:23 AM
found my first wheaty today rang up as a solid 12-44 at about 6 inches also got 4 clad dimes and 6 memorials but i can tell its going to take some practice because theres trash in that iffy range to but im digging most every thing in the co 40s to see what it is