PDA

View Full Version : If a V3 is experiencing Falsing can it show on the Search Screen too?

Lope_along
03-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Something I've been wondering about,...

Basically, falsing is usually experienced as a audio phemomenon by the User. But the V3 has a graphic display screen
(the Search Screen) that gives live feed-back too. Can falsing be VISUAL as well as AUDIBLE ? Have you seen it?

I'm curious in part because I usually hunt in high-trash trash with highly mineralized ground and my screen is often
peppered with thin red reject hits. They could be real but I thought I'd ask about this. Would appreciate feedback.
Currently running my machine at complete stock settings as I've had only a few trips out due to combination of work
(all the time) and snow last month.

TIA,

Lope_Along
Andrew

Lowjiber
03-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Can falsing be VISUAL as well as AUDIBLE ? Have you seen it?

I'm curious in part because I usually hunt in high-trash trash with highly mineralized ground and my screen is often
peppered with thin red reject hits. They could be real but I thought I'd ask about this. Would appreciate feedback.
Currently running my machine at complete stock settings as I've had only a few trips out due to combination of work
(all the time) and snow last month.
The short answer to your question is: Yes, falsing can be visual as well as audible.

Remember though that a red rejected hit may be just that...rejected.

coinnut
03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
I agree. Not knowing the specifics of the V3, but more in general on how machines work. I would guess the visual displays are getting their information from the audio section, probably after the disc circuit. So the detector reads a return signal from the coil and then processes that signal in the discriminator circuit, and then feeds it to the visual circuit. That's how I would think it works. So, if you get a audio false signal, it should go through the other circuits and be displayed in some way. Just how I think it works :confused:

Lope_along
03-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah,

It makes sense. If I ever need to work near a Power Line or Cell-Tower or anything else causing interference
I will make a note of what's being displayed.

Thanks for the replies,

Lope_Along

BHNugget
03-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Just wait until you try to pinpoint something under some low hanging powerlines. :twirlingeyes: