PDA

View Full Version : House Of God...; FIRST Large Cent (1798) & other stuff...

CousinEddie
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Went back to the church I hunted last night. I found a bunch of boyscout stuff and a nice silver Claddagh ring last night. Went back today looking for more rings and instead got my first LC. She's pretty toasted, but she's my first. I'm very happy. The church was built in the early 1960's but the land was donated by the farmer across the street. The farm was built in 1802. I found the LC right off the diveway that leads to the church about 4 down. If the driveway was paved just 10 inches to the right, the coin would have been coverd by asphalt. Rang up a solid 81 on the AT Pro. Also found more boyscout stuff, clad, and a cool musket ball.

starman2
08-21-2012, 03:43 PM
:congrats: on your first LC! :happy: Still lookin for mine crying01. Good luck with your future hunts there! There's got to be more. HH!

RaZR
08-21-2012, 03:57 PM
It looks like a 1700's L.C. Better get someone that knows those things to tell you how to clean it up. That's a sweet find anytime! :perfect10:

(don't worry Starman there are large cents in Michigan) I got one!

CousinEddie
08-21-2012, 04:44 PM
It's a 1798, been id'd by a guy that has found 100's of LC's. It's a possible 9 over 8. It's pretty toasted but it does appear that the 9 is covering another number.

aloldstuff
08-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Huge congrats on getting your 1st LC thumbsup01. I know you are thrilled. Like you said another 10 of asphalt and that coin would have been lost. Have you tried to get permission at the farm across the street??

Tony Two-Cent
08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
WOW! :wow:

Awesome find! Your first large cent and it's a 1798 Draped Bust! :omg:

Congrats on the incredible coin! |:confused:)

CousinEddie
08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys!! Found an 1800 Draped Bust Half Cent a few months ago right down the road from this church. Nabbed a KG Half Penny from the same place I found the Half Cent.

As for the current owner of the farm, not a cool/friendly guy. The church will keep me busy for a while seeing as it is on 25 acres. I'll get around to asking him when I see him out on his porch drinking his beer.

tanacat
08-22-2012, 08:10 AM
|:cheering: Big time congrats! Like everyone else said WOW on such an old first LC |:confused:)
My first was an 1833 which is pretty good for my area of the country....

Good luck finding more good stuff there. Maybe take the guy a 6 pack brand of what you see him drinking lol :beerbuddy: But that would seem a little manipulative wouldn't it :cheesysmile: