PDA

View Full Version : A Few Short Hunts This Week!

Bell-Two
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM
We had a good and interesting week of detecting. First started off with a hunt with Doug where he got the three Rosies and I got a Merc and both got a bunch of wheaties. (See Skimming The Surface Post) Diane and I went back to this construction site and again we got a bunch of wheaties I also got a Rosie and Diane found a neat old two piece button marked Superior Quality on the back. Then Friday Diane and I went to an old house to hunt, I met the owner at an estate sale and during a conversation with him I told him about our metal detecting and he offered to allow us to hunt this empty house he owned. He stated “It probably has been hunted before” but that never stops us. My first find there was the Wayne Park swimming token. Then the next find was a 1944-P war nickel. Not much else there. Diane got some clad. Saturday Doug and I went back to the construction site for a quick hunt. He found 11 wheaties and I got 7, we were approached by a gentleman and asked if we could try to find a ring lost over at his father’s house which was just a couple blocks away. We went and searched the miniscule yard without any success. After that a quick stop at a park where I got a wheatie and we called it a day since we were going to a fellow Dayton Digger’s wedding.

Hunting With Bell-Two #97 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45qLK5gOK4w#ws)

aloldstuff
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Some very nice hunting and congrats to all on the finds |:cheering:. Silver is sweet to see in the hole. Sounds like you guys really have a great time detecting.