PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 Morning Hunts

starman2
08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
:waving: Since I last posted. I've been back to the football field 3 times >:tongue:. Collecting another $9.00 in clad and Nickles. Along with the usual memorials. Yesterday I actually pulled a 1945-D Merc out of it :shocked04:. Thats the first old coin I've found in it. Except for today. I found a 1958-D Wheatie. I'm getting pretty much down to the far end of the field. Where not too much goes on any more. So pickins are gettin slimmer. A couple more days should do it. Griding, takes a long time. When you have to dig 40 years of can slaw out of it :lipssealed:. I'm trying to finish the football field before school starts. Cause I'm sure there will be alot of activity then. I've been hopin for 1 more piece of jewelry. Gold would be nice :drool:! My wife has a couple of empty fingers, she'd like me to fill lol! Thanks for lookin! HH!

RaZR
08-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Now that's a fine clad count! :grin:
And the rescue of another merc is always a good thing. :congrats:
I'm suffering no silver coin syndrome. Lot's of jewelry this year though. :drool:

CyberSage
08-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Very nice finds, but is this the same football field that you were asked not to detect on by the grounds keeper who was mowing the lawn?

starman2
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Very nice finds, but is this the same football field that you were asked not to detect on by the grounds keeper who was mowing the lawn?
Yes, Same place. But I think the mower guy is an outside contract Co. So far no one from the school has said anything to me. So I just make sure I fix my plugs good. When I go back the next day. I can hardly tell where I've dug. I'm a mess. But the field looks good! The sod is about 5 inches thick. So If I do it right. You can't hardly see anything has been done.

CyberSage
08-22-2012, 11:45 AM
That's good to know Starman! It is a very important to the stewardship of our hobby that we observe, and respect private property, or public property that has restrictions placed on it.. Maintaining an honest, and open approach to detecting will keep us all in the good light, and grace of the general public. Always better to ask first, then detect. :yes:

Jack

RaZR
08-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I had a guy today that asked if i left the wads of sod and grass around the goal posts at the practice field i hunted. I told him that i didn't dig anywhere near the field. I never dig in an area where the grass looks too good. I think that some of the grounds people left the wads after they removed the weeds from around the bolts that hold the posts to the slab. Sometimes it's hard to go without hunting for the gold that might be lost on the playing field. But i don't need to be banned from any place that kids lose their lunch money. :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
08-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Huge clad count and of course :congrats: on the merc. How many fingers of your wifes are empty?

Fire Fighter 43
08-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Nice hunt, congrats on the silver, WTG |:cheering: