PDA

View Full Version : Platinum ring tone?

rsarge1
08-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi does anyone know what a platinum ring tone would sound like, is it like gold or other? using the v3i with tone ID. I was looking for an engagement ring for a young lady through lost my stuff.net .
lots of trash so it would be nice to know the tone.
thanks
sarge ::usaflag::

Ill Digger
08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Not talking from experience \:hammer: But a couple of forum members (Silverstar & Tech125) have found a platinum ring.
If my memory serves me correctly I think they said their rings came up in the foil / nickle/ pull-tab range. Kinda like gold :dontknow:
Hopefully they will chime in with the facts :->
Good luck on the hunt! thumbsup01
Hope you find it....and show us pictures! :yes: lol

rsarge1
08-23-2012, 08:42 AM
thanks I looked for it but not knowing the tone I just checked every repeatable tone and especially gold tones had to search an area 1/2 block long, 10 feet wide with metal edging, 10 high weeds, lots of trash and lots of emi from overhead power lines, which the v3i handled well, did not find it though, good to know that I checked all gold tones, thanks
sarge

CyberSage
08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
A mans ring would come in as a low to mid gold tone (+8 to +20). A woman's ring is probably going to be pretty low Sarge. That's a tough target for sure. Good man for trying to help her out though. Atta-boy Sarge. :yes:

rsarge1
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
thanks Jack I just wish I could find it, this guy went to the bar and had a few too many LOL, he did take a cab home and the ring was his girls engagement ring and he had it in his pants pocket, so I think he lost it at the bar or in the cab, but I hunted the strip twice and spent 2 1/2 hours looking.