PDA

View Full Version : Whites M6

NHBrian
08-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I Found A whites M6 for sale for $475. Is this a good deal? I see they go for near $700. I'm asuming its a good deal. Is it the going price for used M6? The pictures look like its in very good condition. Says it works. Would it be a goo detector for a 1st time detector/newbie.
Is there a big learning curve. I dont want to get frustrated and give it up. I'm going in to this hobby alone I don't know anyone that does this.
Thanks Brian

Lowjiber
08-23-2012, 05:58 AM
I'm not a good judge of used detector prices. However, I can assure you that the M6 will serve you well. It's a coin magnet.

It also uses the same coils as the MXT, DFX, and V3 machines.

JTGOLD
08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
I've used the M6 for 3 years now and it is a turn on and go machine very easy to use and there is not much of a learning curve,I would say $475.00 is a good price

Calg
08-24-2012, 05:12 AM
That's a good price if it is clean and works good. The M6 is a MXT in the coin&jewelry mode with silent threshold and 7 tones . I got the M6 because a. so simple the directions are on the back (I like simple) b. it is comfortable to use with the S type rod c. the fast and easy ground balance d. great choice of coils ( I like the 6.5 inch 5.3 eclipse coil for most of my hunting) e. this is a solid performer on jewelry & coins which is what I enjoy hunting f. this machine is built like a tank and has the best finish job in the business,IMO. Good luck with what ever you decide, this is great hobby with great people! CG

NHBrian
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I've used the M6 for 3 years now and it is a turn on and go machine very easy to use and there is not much of a learning curve,I would say $475.00 is a good price

I ended up paying $425 plus shipping. All together $450.
It's a 2006 model, It was very well taken care of. I tried some air test on different metals, it seemed to work just fine.
Is there any difference from 2006 model to a new 2012?

JTGOLD
08-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I ended up paying $425 plus shipping. All together $450.
It's a 2006 model, It was very well taken care of. I tried some air test on different metals, it seemed to work just fine.
Is there any difference from 2006 model to a new 2012?

you made a very good deal on that M6 |:cheering: and the only difference I know of is 6 years :) You will enjoy that machine.