PDA

View Full Version : Horse and shoe

markg
08-24-2012, 10:15 AM
After yesterdays hunt, I thought I would share my thoughts and finds again. This Gold Bug machine continues to amaze me with its audio. However, be forewarned, you must have a good quality set of headphones in order take full advantage of all the audio nuances this machine offers. Now before I go any farther let me explain this last statement. Yesterday the temperature was to be in the 80s so I opted for a set of cheap stereo headphones so I could take advantage of the smaller 1/8 phone plug option and compare it to the heavier ¼ plug. Within 15 minutes, I realized the need for good headphones when hunting for deeper targets. The reduced volume of these cheap phones made it very difficult to hear the subtle audio changes this machine provides to the hunter. Nevertheless, I had a very productive 2-hour hunt that netted two wheat pennies, one buffalo (one came from the day before), a nice 10k horse/shoe ring that gave an ID of 55 and the regular clad. Now I would like to make two statements about the machine in general. First, I am not exactly satisfied with the detector stand. The legs need to be farther apart to give it more stability especially on uneven ground. I am very particular with my machines and do not like them to fall over, when set on the ground. Secondly, I want to give credit to the designers of this coil. It looks the same as the 11 DD coil on the F75 and it is a perfect fit for this machine as it was for the F75 and LTD, no tedious work to remove the cover and clean ever week or so.

Cheap Thrills
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Congrats on the Buffs , Wheats and the very cool ring . You should post them in the Share your coinshooting stories and photos section of the forum .You wont get as many views here on the outskirts of the forum . I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy seeing these finds . :perfect10: