PDA

View Full Version : Button/Pin?

CousinEddie
08-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I found this the other day at the social club where I ended up snagging 10 silver coins over 2-3 hunts (9 dimes & 1 quarter). I also dug alot of wheaties and a 1936 Buffalo at this spot. The dates on the coins range from late 1930's - early 1950's. I know that the area I found the coins was where they used to have booths set up back in the day when the had little carnivals/fairs. I know this because the 85 year old man that watches me hunt lives across the street and he told me that the area I was finding all the old silver and other coins was where the booths were set up. He went to the carnivals as a kid.

I am going to assume that this items is from that same time frame. It's slightly larger than a quarter. I'm just not sure what it is...Button? Pin?

del
08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
with it being that size i'm pretty sure its a collar disk Eddie but i agree and don't think its military.

CousinEddie
08-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks del!! I didn't think it was military, just from the war time era. Didn't strike me as military. |:cheering:

CousinEddie
08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/unknown-ww1-bronze-collar-disc-insignia-sfs

fyrffytr1
09-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I have seen somewhere that SFS stood for Security Forces squadron and was part of the Air Force. It may be a hat pin instead of a collar disc.

Sal66
09-29-2012, 10:08 PM
:) Just my 2 Cents, but was the carnival put on by a Fire Dept. ? Not sure what the name of the town or city your from, but could it be something Fire Station. ?
Based in the needle looking thing under the circle,it looks like a pin to me. How did I do ? Also, did you post this item before. it looks familiar.
Sal