PDA

View Full Version : School & Park Hunts

starman2
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
:waving: Hi All! Hope you're having a nice Sunday Afternoon! |:cheering: Friday morning. I Took a trip back to the Jr. High Football field. Loaded up on some more clad. The field is almost done. So to speak? The temps here have been gettin back up to the near 90's again. So I've kept my hunts down to about 3.5 hours long. When the sweat starts over powering my dewrag. I call it quits for the day. Yesterday morning. I was in the mood for some treasure hunting. >8) So I humped it back to the private park. As it happens sometimes. Just a short distance from the van. The first signal I got. Was a nickle signal. Ended up diggin a 1937 Buffalo. My 6th for the year. I thought. Here we go happydance02. Found a little bit more clad. I ran into a 4 wheat spill. Which was fun! A 1920,35,48, and 56-D. Tried to figure out somewhere that I haven't covered. Which doesn't leave to much. Figured I would try down by the beach. On the edge of the grass, and sand. Got a nice dime signal. Turned out to be a spiffy .925 band. (little kids). I meandered around for a while. Got a 12-39 signal. Dug what I thought was another junk ring. Until I started removing some of the dirt. At which point, I said whoa! Rat Fink!! Haven't seen one of those for a long time. I think the guy's name was Ed Roth. He used to put out a line of funny looking monsters. Driving crazy looking cars. I was kind of tickled about this ring :happydance01:! Anyway A little later in the hunt. In a different area. I got another dime signal. This turned out to be another sterling ring. Which with the 2. Makes 10 for the year. Also Dug a Ninja star,and silver plated spoon. And a little more clad and memorials. Decided to call it a day. This morning I went back to the park. Kind of made up for yesterday. Not finding to much except for a B.D. Owens token.(levering Mich.) Good for 5 in trade. And a small tie stick pin, and a couple more wheaties. I did however find a $.75 3 quarter spill, and a couple of clad dimes. Which kind of helped save the day. Came out with a total for the 3 hunts of $10.35 in clad and nickles. I tried find out about the token on the net. But couldn't find anything. Thanks for lookin! HH! :waving: See Ya!

Thiltzy
08-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Way to empty out a spot. Gratz on the 2 sterling rings. Nice!

dalewestaby
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
dang! YOu are realllly getttting all of those signals! :)

leslie(nova scotia)
08-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Now that is a sweet dig. Nice scoff onthe rings and things! <;)

aloldstuff
08-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Nice recoveries on the rings and the buff looks good also. The rat fink is something I hve not seen in years

Fire Fighter 43
08-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Nice digs, WTG |:cheering:

jkress
08-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Great bunch of digs. :clapping: Love the rings.
It is exciting to get a hole that holds multiple old coins. Congrats on the Wheat spill and Buffalo.