PDA

View Full Version : V3 nabs nice 1834 Lg Cent and 1905 IH

xzlr8n
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Found my first good old finds with the V3 this afternoon. Hit the cellar holes site by the crick I reported on last week. This site dates possibly back to the 1820's and is definately on 1850's maps. There was lots of trash and debris to work thru as this floods hard every few years. Found three good targets with solid green bars, no doubts I had a good target. Ended up with 1905 IH (50 VDI), 1834 Lg Cent (86 VDI), and '64 memorial (75-76 VDI). I was using 3 freq best data, 5hz band pass, 110 rec delay, speed 15, sensitivity 11. Feeling pretty good about the V3 and just need some more time with it to decipher all its signals. One thing for sure today, all the iffy targets were trash (toothpaste tubes and aluminium) and the good signals were coins!!

Beefcake
03-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Nice Large Cent! Very nice shape on both of the coins!

Ill Digger
03-27-2010, 01:12 AM
You got yourself a couple of really nice finds there!! thumbsup01
It's good hear this about the V3.
I gotta chance to try out a friends for about 20 minutes.
I liked it...and he's pulled almost as much silver in his first two hunts as he pulled all last year!! :yes:
Keep it up!!
Congrats & HH :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-27-2010, 03:55 AM
nice stuff !!!! i just love cellar hole hunting!!!!!!!! :drool:

xzlr8n
03-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys ;). I really hope my V3 performs better than my DFX I departed with to get this upgrade. I haven't found any deep targets yet, as all of my coin finds have been @ the 3-4 inch mark. Once I hone in on a 8-9 target and it's not junk I'll feel better about the V3's ability to find old good stuff. As with all machines the V3 still throws at you all the false discriminated signals and iffy bouncing signals, coin or not :confused: :confused: is the question in my head, so far they have been junk. I want Angel's ability to pull silver in amongst the trash :tongue:, then I'll know I have a good machine.

nice stuff !!!! i just love cellar hole hunting!!!!!!!! :drool:
I'm becoming a believer, was hard at first to think you could find good stuff at these long forgotten and run down places with all the trees, logs, rocks, junk, and those stubborn saplings and weed stalks. With that said I have found 2 large cents, only found one before this site thumbsup01.

yazoo
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
I would Love to find one of those large cents. Nice coin ,nice job well done. H.H. Yazoo

ProPointer
03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Nice Job nabin' those oldies! thumbsup01

RickO
03-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Great finds.. and be patient with the V3, I think you will find that it is an order of magnitude beyond the DFX. HH RickO

del
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
wow , good looking copper . congrats on the finds , i agree cellar detecting can be a challenge sometimes and alot of the coins you find are not the greatest but you do find some good ones from time to time . watch out it can be an addictive type of hunting.

coinnut
03-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Great large cent. It faired nicely even though it floods there from time to time. It looks as good or better than the Indian. :yes: Glad you are getting a grip pn the V3. Watch out for them hidden wells though lol