PDA

View Full Version : My first fatty Indian Head penny!

Snapolson
08-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Got out early, and I was going to hunt by myself, but 'ol Dirt Lizard (from Friendly Forum) called wondering if I was heading out. Met up with him at a park in New Haven. While I waited I beeped and came across the Buffalo nickel. Cool! Nice way to start the day. I think it's from 1917.

DL showed up and away we went to a nearby wooded section in the hills. We both plowed around in the woods and I wasn't finding much, except for the nice bottle. It says Sanford's Farms. (I think). Next was a cool old looking button with an eagle holding an anchor. Not sure if it's a real military button or what. Any ideas?

After a lot of pull tabs and bottle caps with a few bullets mixed in and came across a solid 77 on the T2. Out popped the coin which turned out to be a fatty Indian Head from 1863!! :shocked04: My first fatty! :happy: After that, I found the two 1940's Wheat pennies in the same hole. We had a great time and the weather was beautiful. Thanks for looking and happy hunting everybody! :groovy:

Tony Two-Cent
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Great finds! Congrats on your first fatty! I'm still looking for my first.

Very cool little milk bottle too! Some of those are very collectible.

Congrats on the terrific hunt! :clapping:

Merc
08-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Nice job on the fatty Chris!! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
08-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm in the same boat as Tony...the No Fatty Club crying01 lol
But I'd tromp around all day for one too! :yes:
Heck today I tromp around in the woods in the rain and didn't find anything except for some shotgun brass. :rolleyes: :hairpulling:
Congrats on the fatty! :clapping: :grin:....and the other keepers too thumbsup01 lol

dave in iowa
08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Great finds , i've only found one fatty a 1859 at a sidewalk tearout |:cheering:.

aloldstuff
08-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Congrats on your 1st fatty. The mik bottle is really cool, I have only found one and that was hidden under a rusted out bucket which I kicked out of the way.

Fire Fighter 43
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Congrats on a first, very nice |:cheering: