PDA

View Full Version : Malachi's Big Day!

Bell-Two
08-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Saturday was a warm but beautiful day that called us out to do an all day hunt. Doug, Malachi and I traveled to an old park to see what we could find. Diane could not make it as she was sick but she encouraged me to go anyway. We had been at the park only about five minutes when Doug made the first find a V Nickel. I had a heart stopping moment a small silvery disc in the hole said to me half dime….well it was a thin dime a bit of play money! Doug then found a Sterling silver pendant which at first looked like a dime but a nice find anyways. We left since they were having a big to do starting in the park with crowds of people coming in. We went to another park that we were told was very old, did not find much a neighbor came by and said that people hunt it quite regularly, Doug scored a worn Sterling silver ring and that was about it. We took a lunch break and decided to go door knocking. We had a hard time finding anybody home at first but then knocked on the door of a friendly couple that gave permission. I quickly dug a1919-S wheat and quickly followed with a1918-S wheat. Doug called me over as Malachi had a good signal and we could see a silver rim on edge in the hole, Malachi removed it and it was a Washington quarter his very first, and checking the hole it had a friend! The next coin was a nice Mercury dime! A great first for a young man, a silver spill that netted him his second and third silver coin ever! Doug got a much worn Merc and then I got a great signal solid 12-45 12-46 so we filmed a full dig, but it was not a silver coin as we expected but a key chain fob showing Babe Didrickson Zaharias. Babe was one of the greatest women athletes of all time. Olympic champion and winner of many professional golf tournaments before her early death at age 42 from Cancer. Doug got a Rosie and then amazingly he got the same exact key chain fob that I did! We had a great time and we were very proud of young Malachi!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8oEGMWs74&feature=share&list=UUGoremIxqV MFX1uW7k1mB0A#ws]Hunting With Bell-Two #9:dontknow:/url]

tanacat
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
:perfect10: Way to go Malachi! How old is he? Great score on the silvers- mercs are such beautiful little coins :yes:

I was so excited when I found my first merc. Hoping my almost 5 yr old son Logan (now has a detector-White's Coinmaster) will find his first silver this fall and get hooked like me lol

Bell-Two
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
:perfect10: Way to go Malachi! How old is he? Great score on the silvers- mercs are such beautiful little coins :yes:

I was so excited when I found my first merc. Hoping my almost 5 yr old son Logan (now has a detector-White's Coinmaster) will find his first silver this fall and get hooked like me lol

Malachi is 8 and will turn 9 next month, he found his first silver earlier this year a Rosey and was so happy, he was beside himself but I think his dad was even more excited than him. Malachi has been going hunting with us for a couple of years and late last year got his first real detector a Minelab Explorer.

aloldstuff
08-28-2012, 06:15 AM
WTG Malachi, nothing like hitting a silver spill. :perfect10:

POKIE73
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
i hunt with my grandson as well the time you spend is pricless finding his first silver is icing on the cake congrats to all of you on your finds dennis :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Congrats to Malachi on his great finds! Pretty soon he will be out-hunting all of us! :yes:

jkress
08-28-2012, 09:42 PM
A big congratulations to Malachi. :clapping: He was bound to have his day!! <:

I can't wait for the day when my daughter and I can hunt together. :smitten: She is three... so I'll be waiting a bit.