PDA

View Full Version : Late Night - New Site

jkress
08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Sunday night my wife got a call from a co-worker (Brian) about one of his neighbors property. The neighbor owns an 1860's home. He (Brian) arranged for me to meet the guy before he left at 8:30 for work.

Although I wasn't planning on hunting this morning, I certainly had to rearrange my schedule a bit to meet this guy
as well as put in a very short test drive. :yes: While chatting with the gentleman, I found lots of cool history about the
very large property which included the location of where a late 1800's general store once stood as well as some
documents regarding our 18th President's stay in this home. :eyebrow:

After chatting a bit, the owner left for work and I decided to play the opportunity safe and slow. I chose to hunt under two 'not so old' trees where the grass was gone and only dirt remained. With the extreme dry conditions in Iowa for the last couple of months, I did not want to dig into his grass and risk scarring the lawn.

The short time I spent in the dirt area under the two trees, at the edge of the property, produced many keepers. :happydance01:
Not old on the scale for the property, but if this small section is any indicator of the main yard... <:

Ron and I will wait to later this fall, after lots of rain, before we hunt here again. Gotta give those old mansion property
owners the respect they deserve. :) I can't wait to get searching in the yard and under the massive old trees.

From my pocket this morning...
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-47.jpg

Notes -
• Sorry for the long post... I am excited!
• One fine dinner out will most certainly be paid to my wife as payment for setting this one up!! :yes:

CousinEddie
08-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Very nice hunt!! Found me a 1943 War Nickel today as well... |:cheering:

mike l
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Should be a silver mine :yes:, good luck when the conditions improve. Can't wait to see see what you find |:cheering:

dave in iowa
08-27-2012, 11:40 PM
good luck there Joe
|:cheering:

aloldstuff
08-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Excellent hunting, can't wait till you are able to hit the rest of the yard. Should be a gold mine. :congrats: on your keepers

buck57
08-28-2012, 06:57 AM
:wow: Could you imagin what else must be lurking on this property? I bet you haven't even scratched the surface. Looking forward to see the results of your next hunt :shocked03: Great job securing this hunting ground, thumbsup01

starman2
08-28-2012, 09:34 AM
:wow:! All that from one small area. The rest should be great hunting. When you get some rain. :congrats: on the war Nickle and the merc!

pulltabsteve
08-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Lots of luck on the return Joe! From the sound of things, you better bring a LARGE pouch!!! happydance02 |:cheering:

del
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Joe it sounds and from the looks too like a great new area to explore and recover goodies. congrats on the silver and wheats and wish you more success there. |:cheering: |:cheering:

Dan

Cheap Thrills
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
That's great news Joe . A little respect and gratitude goes a long way . I wish you the best at that site . :beerbuddy:

POKIE73
08-28-2012, 05:06 PM
congrats on all your finds it is not going to be easy waiying to get back but we will get some rain someday and then you will have the green light again congrats dennis

Tony Two-Cent
08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Well, now I'm just as anxious as you are Joe! :yes:

I can't wait to see what you find at that site! If you did that well in a short hunt in a small area, then there should be some serious goodies waiting for you! http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Smilies/893crossfingers-thumb.gif

:congrats:

milco
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice score Joe, that is a great pocket full of stuff........looking forward to more! Keep us posted on future hunts and on the big celebratory dinner! Sounds like a great excuse to take your lady out for a nice evening! WTG!