PDA

View Full Version : 1825 large cent and Hibernia today

del
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
well Coinnut wanted to get back to a site we hit late last year because he had a great sounding target but the ground
was to frozen to chop it out lol lol . now with the nice weather he easily dug it out only to find a broken mason jar lid
and nothing else. :rolleyes: better luck next time partner lol lol :tongue: this site has been hit pretty hard but has alot of area
and the DFX was performing well , alot of the targets were settled right in with the iron . the highlights were a worn
1825 large cent and an almost beat 1723 Woods Hibernia ( my first one) :grin: almost 20 buttons and some odds and ends

thanks for looking, Dan

sniffy
03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
WOW! for a site that has been hit hard, there are a heck of alot of goodies left! Awesome job on your 1st hibernia! That one is in better condition than both of mine put together!

coinnut
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Congrats on your first Hibernia and your first 1825. lol They didn't fair that well :confused: But two more coppers for the pile thumbsup01 I didn't get much, not even a Memorial :shocked04: Best find is probably the kid's colonial shoe buckle. Got two pewters at the second hunt later on and some odds and ends.

xzlr8n
03-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Super day of finds, I now know why you guys get excited about hunting cellar holes. Real nice old stuff you guys found, especially the Lg cent thumbsup01.

Epi-hunter
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Great day guys... awesome cents Dan!!! If I found one of those you would see me dancing lol

del
03-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Great day guys... awesome cents Dan!!! If I found one of those you would see me dancing lol

thanks Angie , George and i are looking toward seeing that dance too :grin: as we have been saving a site or two
for when ya get out here.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-28-2010, 05:22 AM
nice job guys! congrats dan on the Hibernia thumbsup01 nice LC too.
i couldn't get out i was busy this weeekend :drool: :yes: ;)
anyways is that a grist mill stone in the first pic?
G glad ya found out what your cache was :tongue:

del
03-28-2010, 05:28 AM
boy your up early , heading out for some detecting or what :huh: ya thats a mill stone next to the cellar site , its strange because theres no mill in the area :confused:

John M
03-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Congrats on the coppers Dan.Looks like there was a good number of targets still hiding.
George you must be getting close to being able to build a clock by now with all those gears.
Hopefully next Sat I will be free with long Holiday weekend.

del
03-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Congrats on the coppers Dan.Looks like there was a good number of targets still hiding.
George you must be getting close to being able to build a clock by now with all those gears.
Hopefully next Sat I will be free with long Holiday weekend.

thats good to hear John we were thinking about heading to the southern part of the state somewhere next weekend

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
thats good to hear John we were thinking about heading to the southern part of the state somewhere next weekend

hey i'll be standing on the side of the highway with my thumb out thumbsup01 and machine slung over shoulder.with a sign have detector..will travel

del
03-28-2010, 07:35 AM
hey i'll be standing on the side of the highway with my thumb out thumbsup01 and machine slung over shoulder.with a sign have detector..will travel

yes but the question we all are wondering is what machine will be slung over the shoulder Dave . :tongue: :poke: ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
yes but the question we all are wondering is what machine will be slung over the shoulder Dave . :tongue: :poke: ;)

idk.until i get familiar with the xs i'd have to say my spectrum for now

Epi-hunter
03-28-2010, 09:20 AM
thanks Angie , George and i are looking toward seeing that dance too :grin: as we have been saving a site or two
for when ya get out here.

I'm starting to get scared that I won't be able to find anything and you guys will never let me live it down lol I'll probably find an ox knob and that will be it lol

coinnut
03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
i couldn't get out i was busy this weeekend :drool: :yes: ;)

rofl rofl rofl no comment

G glad ya found out what your cache was :tongue:

So you want to take a :poke: at me copper deficient man lol Put your coppers where your mouth is lol Just kiddin' my friend :smitten: :smitten: :angelic:

RickO
03-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow.. good finds and a Hibernia... very cool....HH RickO

angellionel
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Excellent finds guys! A very good assortment of relics and coins. thumbsup01

Nice Hibernia, Dan, even if beat up. :yes:

KirkPA
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
SAAAAWEEEEET, Dan! You have to love digging Colonial coins. A Hibernia copper is high on my Colonial list. You and George are copper bloodhounds. You guys need to get the film running now. You must, man, you must!

I can see a solid silver shoe buckle frame in your future. Dang, I need one of those. LOL

Kirk

ProPointer
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Good job! thumbsup01 I bet your going to end up with a lot of competition between you and 'HEAVYMETALNUT' hear soon.