PDA

View Full Version : Copper,buttons and does anyone have the time?

Merc
09-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Got out early today and met up with OxShoeDrew, SafariScott, and Dan. Things were slow going. I though since we just pulled six coppers from here the other day there must be more floating around. My first decent find today was the pocket watch(silver gilt). It rang up like a half dollar and was pretty deep, I had my fingers crossed for old silver but I'm happy with this find. Next was a musket ball, seems I found three different sizes today. A few buttons here and there,one still with cloth attached and one i got Friday is small with a little head on it. Pretty neat. I also found another pewter spoon with the nice shell design on it. And last but not least I found another KG copper(no date) I just knew there was at least one more copper at this site. Had a great time with good people. Hope we get to do it again soon. Thanks for looking HH

aloldstuff
09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
That button with the head on it is really cool. :congrats: on the KG and the spoon looks like it has some age to it. To bad that the pocket watch is only silver plated. My musketballs come very infrequently but to find 3 and they are all different sizes.

Fire Fighter 43
09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice digs, WTG |:cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
awesome stuff Brandon! really liking that button. any info on it? how'd the other guys do?

Merc
09-03-2012, 04:21 AM
awesome stuff Brandon! really liking that button. any info on it? how'd the other guys do?
Lots of musket balls, I'm waiting for Dan to chime in about the button. Everyone got a few keepers nothing to exciting though. Flats and musket balls, There was a v-nickel and indian also pulled.

chief5709
09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Great finds! love those old pocket watches

OxShoeDrew
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Nice keepers Merc....you know I ended up with 12 musket balls! :shocked04:
It was nice to get members together, thanks.

del
09-03-2012, 10:45 AM
i want to thank you guys for the invite , it was nice to see you and Drew again and to finally meet Scott. even though finds were minimal for me ( 2 buttons , 2 musket ball , a couple of broken spoon bowls but i got a real nice iron blacksmith hammer :happydance01: ) it was still nice to get out with friends . Brandon thats the first counferfiet George II (young head type) i've seen , i know Iron Patch would be interested in seeing that coin. no doubt its probably a British made fake to be shipped here in the colonies its a very cool find |:cheering: |:cheering:. great pocket watch with the face numbers still there :smitten: , i'll get back to you on the little button with the face , its a very interesting item . i'm wondering if its not a cufflink instead though.

Dan

Merc
09-04-2012, 08:01 AM
i want to thank you guys for the invite , it was nice to see you and Drew again and to finally meet Scott. even though finds were minimal for me ( 2 buttons , 2 musket ball , a couple of broken spoon bowls but i got a real nice iron blacksmith hammer :happydance01: ) it was still nice to get out with friends . Brandon thats the first counferfiet George II (young head type) i've seen , i know Iron Patch would be interested in seeing that coin. no doubt its probably a British made fake to be shipped here in the colonies its a very cool find |:cheering: |:cheering:. great pocket watch with the face numbers still there :smitten: , i'll get back to you on the little button with the face , its a very interesting item . i'm wondering if its not a cufflink instead though.

Dan
Thanks for Id'ing the KGII as a counterfeit Dan. I knew there was something fishy when it rang up so low. Was in the fifties on the F75 and usually the coppers are in the 70's. Keep me posted if you find any info on the button. Thanks again.