PDA

View Full Version : Last Two Hunts 1819 Matron Head V Nickels Crotal Bell IH

SafariScott
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Got out yesterday am with OxShoeDrew, Merc and got to meet Del who joined us. We hit a hole we had some luck at the past week. Pickins were pretty slim.........I did manage to hit an 1893 V Nickel and three buttons. It was a nice time out with Drew and Merc and it was nice to have an opportunity to meet Del.

Today headed back out with Merc and we tried to locate a couple new holes. After an hour exploring we gave up on the first site and went to a secondary location. The site may have been hit before there were scraps of iron on tree stumps and in random piles. There we still several non-ferrous targets and I did manage to get a 1887 V Nickel, a spoon, back of a pocket watch, buckle, some make up compacts and my first full crotal bell which was nice.

We then moved on to another hole and pickings were slim here as well. Did get a deep coin signal around 8 inches down and popped out the 1819 Matron Head (29.5 coppers this year now) also hit another button. We had to wrap the hunt up a little short since my wife wasnt feeling well and wanted me home early..........them as we wrapped up she called and said she was feeling better and I could stay out longer. I decided to hit the hillside that had given me two Barber Halves for a littel while and today I was able to manage an 1884 Indian Head and a religious medal and chain.

Had a great time getting out the last couple days and look forward to doing it again soon. Happy hunting everyone.

del
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Scott it was really nice to meet you in person the other day we'll have to do it agan soon , congrats on your fist crotal bell and the v-nickles.

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-03-2012, 08:03 PM
awesome stuff! matron is in decent shape too.some of the best guys to hunt with right there! :grouphug:

aloldstuff
09-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds like you had a really great time. The LC looks really good and :congrats: on your 1st complete crotal bell. Very nice that your wife called and let you know that she was feeling better which landed you a IH and the religious medal. |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Scott, the matron is blurry but looks like it could be sweet. :perfect10: See you Sunday :waving: