PDA

View Full Version : Today hunt

Rusthunter
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Met up with Spike to hunt a couple spots trying to dodge the rain showers. Left the first spot and I decided I had enough for the day so went home skunked. After about a half hour at home I decided I was not ready to give up yet. So called up Spike and met him at another site. As I was pulling up he was giving a thumbs up. he found a nice coin at that site and Im sure he will be along shortly to show his coin. After about an hour here we got ran off by the rain. So once again I went home skunked. By the time I got home the rain had stopped so I was going to walk over to a near by field to try my luck once more. Before I ever made it out of yard I fired the XLT up and started fast swinging as I walked. Got a very nice tone so backed up to check it out. Solid quarter both ways. took to digging and found large cent # 3 for the year and that makes #2 in my own yard. Date is gone but I will take it.

Ill Digger
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM
WOW!!! Two from home :huh: :shocked04:
Well...you can't beat that with stick :bop:
I'm still lookin' for my 1st :drool:
Awesome find!!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
All that driving around and it was right under your feet the whole time lol Ain't that how it always goes? :rolleyes: I guess it was meant to be. I would have quit after rain delay #2 lol Not only did you not get skunked, but you got a copper too thumbsup01

del
03-29-2010, 07:37 AM
just think of how much gas and time you could of saved by just staying home and doing your yard first lol lol. congrats on the large copper

Rusthunter
03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
just think of how much gas and time you could of saved by just staying home and doing your yard first lol lol. congrats on the large copper

I decide not to grid my own yard. I just wonder around it when I dont have time of dont feel like driving to a site. If I grid it and find every thing I would not have it as a back up spot to hunt. Maybe thats a stupid thing to do, but I like it.

CTDirtFisher
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I think we all know that I can't give up feeling and I won't be skunked :-)

Way to stick with it... any day with a coppa is a gOOd day :-)

HH!
Paul

Spike
03-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Just remember I know where you live and when ur home :grin: rofl rofl rofl :poke: