PDA

View Full Version : Best Silver Day Ever! (part 1)

starman2
09-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I started out this morning, heading to the State Park. I haven't been there all summer. Because of the heat. By the time they opened (8:00am). The sun was to hot! I figured. Since the parks are closed for the season now. The gate might be opened. :( But alas. It was all locked up. :confused: Now, not knowing where I was going to hunt. I headed back towards home. Earlier this spring. I had got permission to hunt this old turn of the century farm house. I had been there once. Finding a few wheat backs, rather shallow. I figured this may be a good possibility. But being so dry this summer. I had not been back. In fear of ruining the grass. I decided to go there. Since things had greened back up again. Well, I'm sure glad I did! This farm was one of the first farms in the area. I couldn't find out exactly when it was establised. But knew it was at least 100 years old. It sits about 2 miles from my house. so I didn't have far to go. I started along the side of the driveway, in some trees and shrubs. Started getting signals right away. First couple of digs were wheat backs. But then, a nice high pitch dime signal. Turned out to be a Rosie. A few minutes later. Even higher pitch Quarter signal. Low and behold! happydance02 A shiny Washington! A little farther down the line. Another dime signal. This time it was a Merc. So far I had not found any clad. All Silver and Wheats. I started to venture out into the yard a little farther. I got a nice 12-43. I figured it was another Wheat. But in digging the plug. A turqoise and Silver ring appeared. By now, I was getting excited. :happy: A short time later. Another dime signal. Turned out to be, what I thought was another Rosie. But before I covered the hole in. I noticed a silver rim down towards the bottom of the pile. Turned out to be a 2 silver spill. The second being a Merc. I had to put the photo's in. Because when I was taking the pic of the Rosie. I didn't realize that the second Merc was also in the photo. I went a little further. And got a Strong Nickle signal. This turned out to be my 4th War Nickle. A 1943-P. Please hang with me for part 2 of this story! :waving:

aloldstuff
09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Great story so far, I am on my way to part 2 now