PDA

View Full Version : WET CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH SNIFFY*BAT WING BUCKLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Jesse had no work due to the rain and i hadda twist his arm to go play in the water.and that's exactly what we did! :twirlingeyes: >:\
hit one site near a road and i got a large tombac alot of newer trash there and we may return but we were anxious to get up to the old site where he found his capped bust dime,KG, 1827 large cent and my 2 coppers.quite a few buttons today... a smaller tombac,some small flat one piece buttons and a nice small one piece with a cool motiff on it. no Large coppers for me :crying02: but sniffy will post what he found.
i dug my very first bat wing buckle and after a drenched day walking the trail out i got a mercury spill.jess helped me out and he dug a merc and a silver war nickel. then further up trail almost out of the woods i got a large bent cloak button.straightened it out the best i could.
the brush in pic is what i use to clean my buttons.you can see how nice it cleans up a tombac half done to show you.
not a bad wet day and happy to add this buckle to my collection thumbsup01 have a great week all! ;)
DAN!!!!! this is the site i was tellin you about the trenched well.i included pics so you can see what i mean.
WOO HOO 4 OX KNOBS NOW!!!!! my first octagon headed one today!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
last pics

angellionel
03-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow! Those are some sweet finds there Dave. You had a very good hunt. :yes:

coinnut
03-29-2010, 09:04 PM
What no coppers? :bop: :bop: There, now don't make me do that again lol Nice silver spill. Can't make out the dates but most look like the 40's? Nice batwing buckle thumbsup01 They are different than the common colonial buckles. I believe they are older too. Glad you guys got out. I had to work, but I may not have went out today even if I didn't have to work lol That site has potential for sure.

sniffy
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
That batwing buckle is friggin awesome! Nice hunt today Dave.....maybe the batwing flew off with all the coppers rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
What no coppers? :bop: :bop: There, now don't make me do that again lol Nice silver spill. Can't make out the dates but most look like the 40's? Nice batwing buckle thumbsup01 They are different than the common colonial buckles. I believe they are older too. Glad you guys got out. I had to work, but I may not have went out today even if I didn't have to work lol That site has potential for sure.

yeah G all 1940's 41 42 and 43's. we got saoked.but hey we do good in the rain it seems.you remember that hunt with me n mikey don't ya rofl this maybe tied that hunt in the wet category >:\

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
That batwing buckle is friggin awesome! Nice hunt today Dave.....maybe the batwing flew off with all the coppers rofl

yeah that batwings name is sniffy. rofl

del
03-30-2010, 02:58 AM
wow i would say nice day but with the >:\ but it wouldn't sound right. lol lol so i'll say good hunt instead . :tongue:
some good looking finds . hey in that third picture is that the cellar hole on the left of the trench .

John M
03-30-2010, 04:46 AM
They only thing worth complaining about was the rain I guess.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 06:20 AM
wow i would say nice day but with the >:\ but it wouldn't sound right. lol lol so i'll say good hunt instead .
some good looking finds . hey in that third picture is that the cellar hole on the left of the trench .

Thanks Dan.yep thats the cellar hole just to the left of that trench.pic # 3 is the cellar hole.pic 4 and 5 are the trench but that slope to the left of 4 and 5 is the right lip of the hole you see in pic 3. did i lose ya on that one? :twirlingeyes:
there's another small hole to the right of the trench too out of picture.the barn hole is way to the right as well.

del
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks Dan.yep thats the cellar hole just to the left of that trench.pic # 3 is the cellar hole.pic 4 and 5 are the trench but that slope to the left of 4 and 5 is the right lip of the hole you see in pic 3. did i lose ya on that one? :twirlingeyes:
there's another small hole to the right of the trench too out of picture.the barn hole is way to the right as well.

whew :shocked04: i'm glad you driving directions were easier to understand cause i never would have met up that time to detect
that first time lol lol lol yes it looks like an overflow , looks as though the top of the well was made to be below
the cellar floor and a route for
the water to escape before it seeped into the cellar of the house. bet if you dug into that trench you would hit stones
all along it to give the flow of the water a quick escape.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
whew :shocked04: i'm glad you driving directions were easier to understand cause i never would have met up that time to detect
that first time lol lol lol yes it looks like an overflow , looks as though the top of the well was made to be below
the cellar floor and a route for
the water to escape before it seeped into the cellar of the house. bet if you dug into that trench you would hit stones
all along it to give the flow of the water a quick escape.

well the cellar hole is like an inground pool now :yes:

del
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
well the cellar hole is like an inground pool now :yes:

thats probably because theres no house sitting over it to keep the elements out buddy

Epi-hunter
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
thats probably because theres no house sitting over it to keep the elements out buddy

Wow. Ya think? lol lol rofl :poke:

BTW, I just heard that you are supposed to get SIX more inches of rain in the next three days :shocked04:

Some fantastic finds there Dave thumbsup01 :drool:

sniffy
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM

BTW, I just heard that you are supposed to get SIX more inches of rain in the next three days :shocked04:

Some fantastic finds there Dave thumbsup01 :drool:
Im workin on puttin a diving board up...

del
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM

ya George and i are thinking about starting our own business colonial cellar sightseeing and whitewater canoe rides lol lol

coinnut
03-30-2010, 01:10 PM
ya George and i are thinking about starting our own business colonial cellar sightseeing and whitewater canoe rides lol lol

I think it will be a smashing success lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Dan!!!!!! don't let G be the tour guide! they will see everything but the cellar hole.he'll take em on a 2 mile tour of the backwoods rofl. you know how he rolls Dan! ;) :rolleyes: thumbsup01
Dion even made a song about the G-MAN rofl
DION - The Wanderer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtmaq0J2kU#)
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coinnut
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Dan!!!!!! don't let G be the tour guide! they will see everything but the cellar hole.he'll take em on a 2 mile tour of the backwoods rofl. you know how he rolls Dan! ;) :rolleyes: thumbsup01
Dion even made a song about the G-MAN rofl
DION - The Wanderer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtmaq0J2kU#)
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol You should do a little of my wandering yourself Dave......It's netted me 9 coppers so far this year my friend. :cheesysmile: Besides, I always make it back to base camp ;) Peace brother :angelic:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
some love back atcha G thumbsup01 :poke: ya always gotta get the last jab in huh brotha? :poke: :crying02: holds my ribs..OUCH! :confused:

KirkPA
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Dave the Man has struck Colonial gold again! Connecticut is killer for Colonial buckles! Killer!

Kirk