PDA

View Full Version : revolutionary war buttons? need help

iluv2flume
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
can anyone help me identify these? i inherited them and know nothing about them except i was told they are revolutionary war buttons. i tried researching them myself, but its really tough to make out any complete words or marks. any help would be appreciated. the one with the anchor on it and the shield on it are pretty large (about the size of a quarter) also on the back of the box on old paper is written revolutionary war uniform buttons 1700s

del
09-08-2012, 10:50 PM
first just let me say hello iluv2flume and welcome to American Detectorist :waving:

i'm sorry to say your pictures are just a bit too fuzzy to really see them clearly , i might be able to help you iluv2flume if they were sharper images and also some clear shots of the backs as well.

Dan

Sal66
09-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes, I agree try to get clearer pictures. Maybe they might need a little Vaseline also to enhance the details. Not much, just a thin layer. See if your camera has a Closer-up shot Option. What I do also is use my LOOP against the Camera lens and adjust back and forth until the Picture is clear. Most Camera's also come with an editing program, if not you can try Paint or other Program built into the Computer for Photo Editing.
All in all the Buttons are Cool, but like I said might need a little either cleaning or Vaseline to bring out the details more. ONE other thing, Try taking the picrures outside if it's a sunny day.

fyrffytr1
09-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I think the second one may be a Chief Petty Officer's button. Are they one or two piece buttons?