PDA

View Full Version : Draped Bust Large Cent

sniffy
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
So today was pouring..no work. So I spun down and picked up Heavymetalnut for another Colonial cellar hole hunt. After the long hike to the site (getting soaked before we even arrive) we began detecting. At first the targets were very far and few in between, but after a couple buttons popped up Dave asks me where I found the 1827 Large Cent. I walked over by the cellar hole and showed him, I started scanning the area and....wow....where'd that signal come from. The last hunt there I dug a large grill like apparatus and put it up against the tree...removing IRON. So anyways, A new signal arrived after moving the junk....it happened to be a draped bust large cent...(1802) It's hard to see the date, when wet and tilted back and forth you can just barely make it out. Anyhow, just after that...Dave digs a VERY awesome example of a &quot:beerbuddy:ATWING buckle.....I was very happy for him. Today was a very fun day regardless of the wet conditions. Thanks for checkin it out! OH I ALMOST FORGOT!...on the way back to the Jeep we discovered a silver pocket spill...I dug one mercury dime and a silver nickel...and Dave got 4-5 dimes and 2 wheats....prolly a drunk hunter.

Epi-hunter
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow... GREAT photos and what an awesome find!! :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
nice hunt jess! congrats on the LC! and whats this WE discovered a pocket spill? :huh: :poke: :bop: :beatdown: :bop: :tongue: fess up man!!!!!!!

sniffy
03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
nice hunt jess! congrats on the LC! and whats this WE discovered a pocket spill? :huh: :poke: :bop: :beatdown: :bop: :tongue: fess up man!!!!!!!
OK OK..you started digging wheaties, and then I dug a nickel....and then the dimes just started flyin....its your fault...

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-29-2010, 08:35 PM
OK OK..you started digging wheaties, and then I dug a nickel....and then the dimes just started flyin....its your fault...

yup blame it on me lol it was a nice little spill anyways :grin:

angellionel
03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
That is an excellent find. Beautiful, actually. thumbsup01 You guys are brave - or driven by detecting illness - to go out in that rain we had all day. lol

coinnut
03-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey nice hunt guys. My eyes must be playing tricks on me, cause I think I can see the top of a 7 (second digit in) and the last digit looks like an 8. So 1798 from this vantage point lol But 1802 works good too :yes: ;) You guys are just as nuts as the rest of us cellar hunters. What's a little rain gonna do? (besides ruin our machines :ticked:) Glad you had some fun there.

sniffy
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey nice hunt guys. My eyes must be playing tricks on me, cause I think I can see the top of a 7 (second digit in) and the last digit looks like an 8. So 1798 from this vantage point lol But 1802 works good too :yes: ;) You guys are just as nuts as the rest of us cellar hunters. What's a little rain gonna do? (besides ruin our machines :ticked:) Glad you had some fun there.
I actually thought it was a 1798 at first....but looking at it I started to see 1802...I still may be wrong...but 1798 was my first impression....Ill look closer.

John M
03-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Very nice finds.It pays to remove the junk.Iron masking hides a lot.

sniffy
03-30-2010, 08:01 AM
That is an excellent find. Beautiful, actually. thumbsup01 You guys are brave - or driven by detecting illness - to go out in that rain we had all day. lol
Yeah we are mad....coo coo for copper!

del
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
very sweet coppa Jesse , you've been a man on fire lately . congrats man.

Davey boy regretting the sale of that machine yet :confused: :confused: he should be starting real soon. lol lol :tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Davey boy regretting the sale of that machine yet :confused: :confused: he should be starting real soon. lol lol :tongue:

hey now! be easy on me Dano!!! my spectrum sniffed out the bat wing so..... :tongue:

sniffy
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM

HAHAHAH! NOW he's got another dust collector...The minelab explorer! Man, I tell ya the tones the DFX gives off when you strike copper....geesh...thats a song I'd like to hear over and over!

del
03-30-2010, 12:45 PM
yes its hard to explain the euphoria you can get when you hear those two tones signal back in forth from a target
4-6 inches down , like Coinnut said you savor the moment :smitten:.

how deep was the coin by the way . :confused:

HAHAHAH! NOW he's got another dust collector...The minelab explorer! Man, I tell ya the tones the DFX gives off when you strike copper....geesh...thats a song I'd like to hear over and over!

well lets not be hastey in judging Dave , we'll give him a chance to do some good with the new addition .
but we all know old habbits are hard to break, can't teach an old dog new tricks i could go on but i think
i made my point or it this thread try to give Dave some motivation to shut be up and make me eat my words.
how about it buddy gonna give that machine an honest shake. :huh: :huh:

sniffy
03-30-2010, 12:51 PM
yes its hard to explain the euphoria you can get when you hear those two tones signal back in forth from a target
4-6 inches down , like Coinnut said you savor the moment :smitten:.

how deep was the coin by the way . :confused:

well lets not be hastey in judging Dave , we'll give him a chance to do some good with the new addition .
but we all know old habbits are hard to break, can't teach an old dog new tricks i could go on but i think
i made my point or it this thread try to give Dave some motivation to shut be up and make me eat my words.
how about it buddy gonna give that machine an honest shake. :huh: :huh:
I just like razzing him...the draped bust came from about 5-6 inches or so. It was a very nice signal.

coinnut
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
hey now! be easy on me Dano!!! my spectrum sniffed out the bat wing so..... :tongue:

I could have sniffed out that HUGE buckle with a National Geographics metal detector lol Come on Dave, take a chance....fire up that Explorer and don't look back thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I could have sniffed out that HUGE buckle with a National Geographics metal detector lol Come on Dave, take a chance....fire up that Explorer and don't look back thumbsup01

G we should switch last names..cuz you sure can be a wise bleep! rofl :tongue:
i'll getcha for that..national geographic detector :bop:
of course i'll give it a fair shake lol

coinnut
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
G we should switch last names..cuz you sure can be a wise bleep! rofl :tongue:
i'll getcha for that..national geographic detector :bop:
of course i'll give it a fair shake lol

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Nothin' but love pal lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Nothin' but love pal lol

ok now jesse's thread is getting all mushy and stuff :confused: :smitten: :grin: :cheesysmile: :drool: thumbsup01 :kiss:

sniffy
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
ok now jesse's thread is getting all mushy and stuff :confused: :smitten: :grin: :cheesysmile: :drool: thumbsup01 :kiss:
YEAH! GET A ROOM!

coinnut
03-30-2010, 05:25 PM
YEAH! GET A ROOM!

Uhm.... this is a room ....sorta lol

KirkPA
03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Digging around cellar holes is where it is at! You guys are hardcore for sure. I don't detect in the rain because I feel my machine is going to blow up. I love fair-weather sweeping! Gotta love hunting the Colonial beast. Long live it!

Kirk

sniffy
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Uhm.... this is a room ....sorta lol
ummm.....uh...GET A NEW ROOM!

sniffy
03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Digging around cellar holes is where it is at! You guys are hardcore for sure. I don't detect in the rain because I feel my machine is going to blow up. I love fair-weather sweeping! Gotta love hunting the Colonial beast. Long live it!

Kirk
honestly Kirk, I really dont' know what it means to be a fair weather hunter....when I'm out I'm so concentrated on whats in the ground that I don't even realize what the weathers doin... ;)

ProPointer
04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
All are rather interesting finds Sniffy thumbsup01 I'd take a Draped bust in any condition.