PDA

View Full Version : the lake and the ghost town

carl2112
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Sat i drove up to my favorite lake thats been very kind to me and i figured while i was there theres a ghost town about 10 miles away so I'd go hit that and try my hand at relic hunting . Now i wish i would of just stayed at the beach. I spent about 6 hours hunting the water and found a nice 10k gold ring and one wheat penny which susprised me this is a heavily hunt lake everytime im there ive seen one or two others detecting it the cold weather must of kept them away this time goodthing i own a wetsuit . The ghost town was terrible my detector was going crazy i wasnt sure what to dig and the ground was one fire every where i swung my coil it was going nuts. After about two hours there i had enough i found a bunch of square nails lots of peices of scrap and one really cool belt buckle.

aloldstuff
09-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Any cool old buckle would make the ghost town hunt worth while. Huge congrats on the gold ring. Any chance of posting a picture of it? Nice hunting.

carl2112
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I just got a new phone and for some reason the photos wouldnt load I'll try again

Shipwreck
09-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Good one thumbsup01