PDA

View Full Version : Took a break from relic hunting and found some buried treasure. Here's the video

Laszlo
09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
We were recently contacted by a gentleman who heard we were good with our detectors and needed our help. Joey , Kandi and I went to the aid of this guy who felt sure his mom had buried money in the yard. His dad had passed away and his mother has gotten to the point she doesnt even recognize him anymore.Well he lives in Texas and came back to South Carolina to clean up and get his parents home ready to sell. Well this guy had no idea what he was in store for when he started cleaning up the place. He realized his parents didnt believe in banks! The guy told us he found stash's of cash and coin literally everywhere in the home! He showed me a closet full of about 40 pocketbooks and every one was stuffed with cash. It was behind the walls, in the mattress's, in every book in the house , in greeting cards, christmas cards. He even found some stuffed in frozen vegetables in the fridge! He's had to go through everything! She had 25 handguns, antique firearms. He said she was a classic hoarder and they loved antiques. The stuff in their was mind boggling and he's steadily going through it all. he has receites where she bought gold coins and gold bars valued in todays prices at about 300,000 dollars and has yet to locate but about 10 coins. It's there somewhere he hopes! Well here's our little adventure recently. I didnt take my camera thinking we wouldnt find anything, luckily Kandi brought hers. he offered us a reward and dinner but we declined saying we were just glad to help. He was pretty happy as he knows there's no way he'd ever have recovered the stuff we found. It was a foot deep next to a cement block foundation in the basement. I hope you enjoy the video The link is at the bottom of the page.

The Hun

September, 2012 finding buried money in South Carolina.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_0xJl2TkIs&list=UUEKkk_MlLmJTyBjBAP0jWtw& index=1&feature=plcp#)

aloldstuff
09-09-2012, 08:09 PM
WOW, that looks like a real exciting treasure hunt. I couldn't imagine finding all of that cash and stuff in a house. Glad you were able to help this guy out. Thanks for sharing this with us. So would you rather be relic hunting or finding $7000 in cash in a dirt basement??

carl2112
09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
its a good thing they wrapped that PVC pipe full of cash in aluminum foil. but it looks like a really cool fun hunt and its nice you didnt take the reward i would of atleast asked to go thru the silver to fill my coin albums im missing alot of washington quarters and mercs. lol

Ill Digger
09-09-2012, 10:37 PM
:omg: That would just be cool to be a part of! :yes: thumbsup01
Just to witness real cashes uncovered is amazing! :shocked01: :wow:
Great story! :clapping: Thanks for sharing it with us! |:confused:)

Laszlo
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
WOW, that looks like a real exciting treasure hunt. I couldn't imagine finding all of that cash and stuff in a house. Glad you were able to help this guy out. Thanks for sharing this with us. So would you rather be relic hunting or finding $7000 in cash in a dirt basement??
. I enjoyed the search for the money, but it's still nothing like being out in the woods in a civil war camp. I'm a relic hunter , I love it!

Laszlo