PDA

View Full Version : A great way to break my month long silver drought!!!

Snapolson
09-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I went back to the woods where I scored a large cent and the Indian Head pennies last week and scoured the area some more. I wasn't there 10 minutes when I hit a solid 90 on the T2. It showed the target to be right on the surface and sure enough I look down and see a quarter! I figure a recent drop of a clad quarter but no this looks different. I'm thinking that it looks like a silver quarter ON THE GROUND!! :omg: I'm like NO WAY. I immediately snapped a photo of just how I found it. Turned out to be a 1940! That is the first time I've ever found a silver coin just lying on the ground!!!

But that wasn't all. I kept getting target after target in the same spot. One coin after another comes out. First a Wheatie just under the surface...a 1919! Then the 1961 Jeff nickel. Then another solid 90. I can't believe it. Possibly another silver quarter:huh: Why yes it is. :happy: Then two more Wheat pennies! A 44-D and a 58-D! What a coin spill!

After that I picked up several more Wheat pennies over the area I was covering. They are a 1912, 1917, and a 1918! All in the teens!! :happydance01: Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :groovy:

BHNugget
09-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Congrats on your finds! I love those little areas that keep you busy,bust,busy |:cheering:

Shipwreck
09-10-2012, 02:17 AM
yes it is |:cheering:

aloldstuff
09-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Thats a perfect way to break out of a silver slump. A silver quarter right on the surface, no digging. :congrats: on all your keeers

POKIE73
09-10-2012, 06:39 AM
glad to see that you are back digging or should we say picking congrats on some great finds almost sounds easy the way you found them but we all know better great hunt dennis

Tony Two-Cent
09-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Congrats on the easy pickins!

Very strange that those old coins were on top of the ground like that. :confused:

I wonder if you stumbled upon another detectorists recent finds that were accidentally dropped?

Either way, very cool finds! :congrats:

jkress
09-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Definitely a great way to break the drought!! :happydance01:
Strange for sure... but those coins look like they have been in the elements one way or another. :yes: Tony might be right.

I'd love to add two Washingtons to my pile. :smitten: Congrats

Snapolson
09-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Congrats on the easy pickins!

Very strange that those old coins were on top of the ground like that. :confused:

I wonder if you stumbled upon another detectorists recent finds that were accidentally dropped?

Either way, very cool finds! :congrats:

Thanks! Yeah I don't think that area has ever been scanned by a metal detector. So far the newest coin there is the 1961 nickel. I definitely will be hitting the place some more!

PL8MAN
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Love them silver quarters ! Congrats thumbsup01

starman2
09-12-2012, 07:31 PM
:congrats:! Yes I'd say that was a good way to break a silver slump. WTG! HH!