PDA

View Full Version : An Indian and an Orphan..

Beefcake
03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Went back to my friend's house again this evening for a couple hours. Pulled 5 wheats oldest being 1917 and this 1891 Indian head penny. I also found this really neat Radio Orphan Annie Secret Society token. It was folded in half when I found it and I was surprised that I was able to straighten it out. Not a bad hunt for a hunted out yard. I am going really slow and have alot to cover yet again in his yard. These were all found within one length of his yard in a straight line. Still no silver found at this site, but it surely has to be there with the age of these finds. Here's the pics...

Beefcake
03-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I looked it up... it's a 1930's membership pin... this one in this condition is for sale for $45... mine however is worth about a dollar maybe:huh: lol

xzlr8n
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
IH's make my day everytime. Congrats on the two finds!! ROA stuff is collectible as I found out last year from feedback on a decoder ring I dug. thumbsup01

angellionel
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Good looking finds, BC. You should do well again when you hit the site the next time. :)

Ill Digger
03-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Thats cool!! 8)
My friend found a ROA secret decoder last summer.
I never realized there was this many items from the ROA.
It's waaaay before my time I guess thats why.
Your stackin' up the finds with that new rig!!
I'd say your gettin' the hang of it thumbsup01
Congrats on your finds !!
This is the decoder my buddy found:

coinnut
03-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice BC. It pays to go slow. You will find some silver. It took me a couple of tries to find a Mercury at a buddies house, but I finally got one. Some yards make it harder to find targets in. You will see a great improvement if you continue to slow down. Next time you get a good hit, don't dig it right away. Try different swing speeds over it. Remember the speed at which it came in the clearest. I swing really slow, but steady now. Nice ROA piece and Indians are always great. I think your finds have increased 1000% from previous. You are really getting the hang of that machine.

Epi-hunter
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I missed this post somehow :confused: :shocked04:

Beautiful IH and I love that pin BC! You are doing great with the E-trac! That pin is a very cool find...

CyberSage
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Beautiful Indian Brian! You will be finding a lot of them. They are a commonly missed coin due to a slightly lower conductivity. Dig those Zincoln signals. Sounds like the E-Trac is serving you well. Congratulations on a nice hunt.

Jack

Beefcake
03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
That one was standing completely on end on the side of my hole... kept looking and looking and it was straight up and down...

tanacat
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
;)

I looked it up... it's a 1930's membership pin... this one in this condition is for sale for $45... mine however is worth about a dollar maybe:huh: lol

lol That's what I was thinking about the collectible Sand Crab Hotwheel I found, going for around $2000 on Ebay (mint condition) Mine is sooooo rusty and dilapitated, mud-packed... I'm thinking someone might pay a few hundred for it? rofl :cheesysmile: You've prob already heard that story huh?

Anyway, nice finds! Sounds like a good place and like someone else said don't give up on it. And thanks for the reminder to slow down and live in the moment while swinging :) I admit I often find myself looking ahead and swingin fast to that old tree over there or the steps over there or the ancient flower bed...

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
cool finds beef! thumbsup01 that token is neat man!

magic
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
You seem to be learning you new machine well...now about that dollar for the pin....Will you take crusty clad? :)