PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Digs

z118
09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Saturday was supposed to be stormy with all day rain - perfect tot lot weather. I hit a few with decent results. I had so much fun that Sunday morning I hunted a few more with even better luck - a handful of clad and a 10k right with three tiny diamonds. The ring is the largest size of any I've ever found I think - it's on my middle finger in the pic. Oddly it seems to have broken somehow - I'm not sure how that would happen without it being bent. After the tot lots I hit an old wooded park where I found a silver quarter in an earlier hunt this year with my dad. No luck this time, just a pocketful of shotgun shells, one old button, and 5,000 mosquito bites.

Total for the weekend was 253 coins worth $21.33 - two US dollar coins and a Canadian Toonie really helped. I also scored the usual key, trinkets, buttons, and junk. Throw in the 10k ring and it was a nice weekend.

If you would have told me I'd have more gold rings than silver this late in the year I would have called you crazy. But it's been a bad year for silver rings (only two!) and a good one for gold (five!) so there you go. I'd love to score a few more this year - here's hoping!

Happy hunting...

imagearhead
09-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Nicely done... :clapping:

bob_e99
09-11-2012, 06:00 AM
As always, ya done good! |:cheering:

Your coin count always blows me away and you always manage to find a nice assortment of stuff. Nice ring and it is curious as to why it is broken.

Continued good hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
09-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Awesome pile of finds!

Congrats on the gold ring! <:

aloldstuff
09-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah that clad count always amazes me. Very nice gold ring :perfect10:.

CODY
09-11-2012, 07:07 AM
WOW! Thats a pile of clad. Congrats on the GOLD!

jkress
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Mega clad, plus gold!!! = <:
Congrats Z. :clapping:

steve in so az
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Z - That sure is a nice ring - too bad it doesn't fit. And a great haul for the weekend. As to silver vs gold = I have been finding quite a few more gold than silver this past 3-4 years (although I'm tied at present). One would think people would buy more silver during the economic times. Steve in so az