PDA

View Full Version : 9/9 and 9/10 Hunts Coppers Silvers IH's

SafariScott
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Got out yesterday for a bit in the am with Terry and had a nice moring hunt we hit one of his cellar holes for a bit and I pulled a flat button then we hit a field nearby he thought had some potential.......second target was a large copper which I cant ID its in the bottom row middle and its quite a bit larger than a matron head it rand up with the same numbers as a KG on the Safari. Its definately not a button its to think and there is no sign of a shank being broken off. We worked the field for a couple hours and I managed a Merc and two more largies both Maton Heads which now brings me to 32.5 coppers this year and a token good for 1 free beer which I thought was pretty cool. It was a great time out with Terry always nice to pick someone elses brain about detecting who is so knowledgeable.........After I left the rest of the day sucked my truck died on the highway, had to get towed and is not getting fixed so half of my day today was cut into as well. By noon my car was dropped off to get fixed and I figured Id get out and detect for a bit hit one of my usual local spots and worked a area that Ive pounded, I worked slow and in brush and had a pretty good couple hours. Hit two Indiand Head making 31 for the year. Hit two Buffalo nickels and also managed 3 silvers bringing me up to 106 on the year. Finally at half last years total..........I knew the silver number would have to go down if I wanted the copper count to come up and Ive been pretty happy with the way the years been so far, hopefully Ill be able to finish up strong.

milco
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Some great finds there, WTG!

Tony Two-Cent
09-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Great finds for sure! :wow:

I would love to see some closeup photos of the individual coppers.

Congrats on the terrific hunt! :clapping:

CODY
09-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Awesome finds. :congrats:

aloldstuff
09-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Some very nice hunting thumbsup01. Sorry to hear about the truck.

jkress
09-11-2012, 09:46 PM
:peace: Congratulations SafariScott. Very nice keepers... especially the coppers. :smitten:

RobW
09-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Not bad, not bad at all...some great huntin' for sure |:cheering:

Sucks about the truck...been there numerous times myself

del
09-12-2012, 03:35 PM
congrats on the coppers and indian Scott , Terry is good people and a very good detectorist |:cheering:

starman2
09-12-2012, 07:03 PM
:perfect10:! Can't beat that hunt! I'd give my left arm for a LC. Not the right arm. I need that one for swingin! WTG!! HH!

BKM
09-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Nice finds Scott, sorry to hear about the truck, hope it's nothing major.

I think Im actually going to be able to get out of the house Sunday if you're up to it, let me know.

RaZR
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Great finds Scott!!! Yeah lets see those coppers after cleaning up and closer. And :congrats: on the silver count. Hope the truck problem is a simple one. thumbsup01
If you don't need the free beer token, i'll take it. :beerbuddy: rofl

Fire Fighter 43
09-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Nice hunt and congrats on the silver, WTG |:cheering: