PDA

View Full Version : Old Farm House

starman2
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Sunday morning. Went back to the old farm house. First find of the day. happydance02 Was a 1939 Merc. Pretty bad shape. But I'll take it! A little while later. I unearthed a 1956 Rosie. thumbsup01 I thought, All right!, Here we go again! Pretty much slowed down after that. But towards the back of the property. I found a large Lucky Penny. Souvenir Of Calumet. 1925. Also dug a cigar lighter. Found a few wheats, and memorials, and $.45 in clad. Took a break. And headed home for some lunch. Decided to go back that afternoon. The day was waning towards early evening. But still had a couple hours left to hunt. While I was swingin. I noticed my Brother had pulled in the drive. He walked over. We talked for a while. He had just got back from up north. After a short bull session. He said. Find me somethin So I put the headphones back on. And started swingin. I'll bet it wasn't 10 feet. And I got a sweet 12-47 at about 5 inches. I told my Brother. :thinkingabout: It sounds like a Quarter to me. After all ready going over this area. I was quite surprised at the clear signal. I dug the plug, and saw the shiny edge of a Quarter. My Brother went for it like a Mantis going for a cricket. :bop:! I said wait a minute! I got the camera out, and clicked a pic in the hole. He then grabbed the coin and stuck it in his shirt and began whipping it clean. He said, :shocked04: It's a silver! Sure enough. It was a 1957 Washington. By now it was squeeky clean from his shirt. I think he was more excited then I was. It was pretty funny lol! At that point I ended the hunt. And we went happily back to my house for a coffee, and toke... I mean Smoke :embarrassed:! Took a break yesterday. This morning went back. And started gridding in the opposit direction. Going over an area I had all ready done. I Got an iffy dime signal. A nice shiny 1943 Merc came out of the hole. So far, thats 18 silvers from 1 yard. :shocked03:Thanks for lookin! HH! :waving:

aloldstuff
09-11-2012, 04:56 PM
In this day and age detecting private homes is the way to go. Congrats on all your keepers and you'll be at 100 silvers before ya know it.

jkress
09-11-2012, 10:06 PM
:clapping: Congrats on the silver starman2.

Nice bunch of keepers... especially the silver. :smitten: