PDA

View Full Version : Grog Change *Videos Included*

KirkPA
03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
KKC got back out to the Colonial site we hit last week. I had another awesome day. All of my coppers were in the 1.5-5 range and gave off decent signals. I dug a King George II, 1830 Coronet cent, and an 1804 Draped Bust half cent. thumbsup01 The coppers were popping up everywhere. So far, this site has produced 14 coppers. In other words, we are hunting where the &quot:beerbuddy:eer flows like wine. rofl :tongue: Pennsylvania is the place to be! :twirlingeyes:

I also got 5 buttons, part of a Colonial shoe buckle frame, and a handful of musketballs. The button to copper ratio is still whacked (40 buttons:14 coppers). :confused: We are taking this weekend off due to the holiday, but we will be back next week. 2010 is off to a great start.

Watch my videos to see the recoveries. :grin: Thanks for viewing!

Keep the passion high! :drool:

Kirk

King George II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVOrqfDPvWE#)
Digging a Large Cent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrlKalr7d0k#)
Early American Half Cent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D__RV9QZeZ4#)

coinnut
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
You guys are tearing it up thumbsup01 thumbsup01 That place should give up at least 30-40 coins. Some taverns have given up close to 100 coins. Depends on how long they were there and how many people visited. I'm betting that you reach 30 at least. Great job. A perfect era for the good colonial and post colonial coins. Some more silver should start popping up. Great hunt. :yes:

KirkPA
03-30-2010, 05:47 PM
You guys are tearing it up thumbsup01 thumbsup01 That place should give up at least 30-40 coins. Some taverns have given up close to 100 coins. Depends on how long they were there and how many people visited. I'm betting that you reach 30 at least. Great job. A perfect era for the good colonial and post colonial coins. Some more silver should start popping up. Great hunt. :yes:

George,

We are 99% sure that the farmer plows this site, so we are hoping to get in there again soon. There is so much iron and the signals are difficult at times. You are probably right with there being around 30 coppers. That is very realistic. It sure is a fun site to dig.

You and Dan are good guys and I hope you all strike those awesome greenies.

Kirk

sniffy
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Ill say it again....THAT PLACE IS LOADED!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-30-2010, 07:17 PM
another spectacular hunt! i gotta get me a half cent soon :crying02:
like i said before...that's a field of dreams right there! :shocked04:

del
03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
:shocked04: WOW :shocked04:stretcher: , congrats on another great day in that field . those coins are all in very decent shape too thumbsup01. i can't believe we don't fing more half cents around here . nice videos and i'm looking towards the next one , guys take care .

Dan

Epi-hunter
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Wow, those are excellent coins!! What a great site, and a terrific post!

John M
03-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Well kirk it looks like you guys are on one fantastic site.I think that you will be camped out on that field for quite some time.