PDA

View Full Version : Metal detecting in La Manga Spain

rodtoms
09-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Hy
I am new to your Forum as I live on the Costa Blanca, Spain.
I am team leader for our metal detecting club called the ADAPT Metal Detecting Club.We are the only registered metal detecting club on the Costa Blanca and have 50 members who enjoy detecting the beaches and warm sea.
My question is: Does anybody know of any American package tours that take americans to La Manga spain to metal detect. We would like to meet up with them some time when they are over here.We have heard from several people here that the holiday packages does exist, but I cant trace anything about it trawling the interent.

Any help would be appreciated

Rod

Lowjiber
09-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Welcome from Nevada, USA.

I can't help with the tourist question. I've been told that a import license is necessary to bring a metal detector into Spain. Perhaps that is the reason for the absence of tours. :dontknow:

That's a beautiful seashore where you live. I was there once in the early 90's to windsurf a Mistral wind just south of you...awesome wind and beautiful, clear skies.

rodtoms
09-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Hy
Thanks for the welcome.
There was a decree in the 1980s that to use a metal detector in Spain you would need an import license. However that decree cannot be used anymore as Spain now part of the EU.
There are metal detectors everywhere now and Spain has two major distributors selling them.
The issue in Spain is that unfortunately there is ancient site looting and night hawking going on around the country and this is giving the responsible detectorist a bad name over here.
We have tourists from my born country the UK coming over here and not working to any code of conduct. Parts of Spain has banned metal detecting, at the moment we are ok and we are registered with the Town hall.
If anyone from your forum does know of anyone who has metal detected down in the Mar Menor Spain, please put them in touch with me.
many thanks
Rod