PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NJ

judgem
09-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Hello everyone, I live in Ewing, NJ and have been digging for many years. Very involved in Scouting, Assistant Scoutmaster and Cub Scout Den Leader for the past ten years.

Roy

Mid-Jersey Research and Recovery Club
Garrett ATP
MPX Digital
White's Coinmaster Classic II
Super Mini-Hunter BFO
Garrett Probe

stanatorium
09-15-2012, 07:33 AM
welcome
im from marlboro nj

Lowjiber
09-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Welcome to the forum from Nevada.

A BFO? Cool!

I had one once and finally managed to find my Oldsmobile parked in the driveway with it. The times, they have changed...HUH?

aloldstuff
09-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome from western MA. Glad you found us and looking forward to your posts.

Fire Fighter 43
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us. My son just started scouts as a Tiger and I'm taking the role as Den leader. Have you done any deteting with the boys?

judgem
09-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
The BFO was my first detector, and it still works! That thing has been put through hell and just keeps plugging along. I just need to replace two of the screws that hold in the faceplate.
I always work detecting into a couple of den meetings each year, and I am trying to organize a detecting club within my Boy Scout Troop. You just have to remember that Tiger Cubs have an attention spam of about 10-15 minutes at best. If they are not swinging or digging they will quickly lose interest. We go around the Scout Hut (original building from early 1900's) and see what we can find. The biggest problem is enough detectors for the boys, I let them use my old ones. So I am always looking for used machines that people will donate to the Troop/Pack and use as a tax deduction. If you want more info on the deduction process we use just let me know.

del
09-16-2012, 09:52 AM
hello Roy , welcome to the forum . :waving: the cub and boy scouts are great organizations and i commend you on being a positive role model and leader for the kids. glad you could join us here Roy.

Dan

OxShoeDrew
09-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Roy, you must have quite a collection of keepers. What are your favorites? I hope you enjoy the forum, OSD

judgem
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I really don't keep that much. Most everything I find gets donated to the Boy Scouts or to the local historical society wherever I happen to be hunting. My favorite piece is a 185? Large Cent, in really rough condition. It is the first item my oldest son and I found on our first outing together.

Ill Digger
09-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Hey Roy! :waving:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

My favorite piece is a 185? Large Cent, in really rough condition. It is the first item my oldest son and I found on our first outing together.
Now that is a special piece! :yes:
Nice find! thumbsup01

jkress
09-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Roy. :clapping:

We're happy to have you here with us. Congrats on the Boy Scout thing. :beerbuddy:

CODY
09-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome from Mississippi Welcome to the AD forum. Looking forward to your post and finds.