PDA

View Full Version : 6 rings , silver jewelery , silver coins & wheats ! Great weekend hunt

PL8MAN
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
It's been awhile since I have found a school that looks to have been not hunted ! The last time I hunted this school was back in 1999 with my old detector . I have not been back due to it now becoming a private school . Well as it turns out it is still owned by the local school district and open to metal detecting like other public schools ! This school dates from the early 1950's and the field looks to have never been changed . Yesterday I was only hunting for 15 minutes when I had a +78 at 4 inches , it turned out to be my first Mercury dime of this year ! It's a 1940 S . After that the rings started flowing for a total of two silver and three kids junk rings . I also found three wheats , 1920 something , 1953S & 1954 . The other two silver finds for Saturday were a 925 neck less and a 925 St. Christopher's metal . After all that I knew I was going back today !
This morning I started hunting at 7:30 am and had my first good find in 20 minutes . A really nice silver ring with a pink stone , #133 for the year ! Then about an hour later I had a +79 at 2 inches , a 2nd Mercury dime ! It's a 1945 S . Not more than 5 feet away I had a +78 at one inch , a third silver dime ! It's a 1960 D Rosie . The one other cool find was a small kings crown , I have no idea what it is for . Total clad for two hunts , about 5 hours is $12.73 .
Next weekend I'm going to start hunting the other field on the other side of the school ! thumbsup01
HH
Glen

mike l
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Nice hunt, keep hitting it!

Ill Digger
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah :yes: I think your right. I don't think that school has been hit before! lol
If it has been hit, it hasn't been hit very hard \:hammer: All kindsa goodies yet to be had! thumbsup01
Awesome weekend of huntin'! Sweet finds! :envious:
Congrats! :grin:

jkress
09-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow... looks like a great site with lots of potential. :yes:
Congrats on the rings and silver Glen. :clapping: Looking forward to your next bunch of finds from there.

aloldstuff
09-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Good move going back to that school. Looks like you'll be adding some more rings to that awesome count you have. :congrats: on those merc's.

starman2
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
:wow:! What a great bunch of finds! You are the Ring King you know :barf:! WTG on a great hunt. Bet there's lots more where they came from. Good Luck! HH!

PL8MAN
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
:wow:! What a great bunch of finds! You are the Ring King you know :barf:! WTG on a great hunt. Bet there's lots more where they came from. Good Luck! HH!

My Son and I plan on going back to hunt this school this coming weekend ! We have not even stepped foot on the other field thumbsup01
Thanks
Glen