PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Silver

jkress
09-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I was finally able to get out and dig some silver!! :happydance01:

A couple of months ago I was browsing some older maps and located a recreational area from the late 40's... picnics, baseball, football.
It took awhile to track down the owner of the field, but yesterday I finally made contact and received permission to start searching.

Last night I called Ron and asked if he was up for a hunt this morning. I wasn't sure if we would find anything, but he
was willing to give it a try. thumbsup01

It wasn't more than 20 minutes into the hunt before Ron popped up the first Merc giving the place potential. Five minutes later I
got over one too. For the next couple of hours we filtered through lots of mid to late 60's clad... but good ones were mixed in too.

Ron had the hot coil this morning, producing 7 silver coins... 6 dimes and 1 quarter. :clapping: The area I was searching put
3 mercs and a Wheat in my pocket.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-48.jpg

This definitely is a site we plan to spend more time. Lots of area and plenty of targets will keep this place on our list
for quite a while. Probably no Barbers and IH's here... but plenty of Mercs, Rosies and Washingtons.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

Ill Digger
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I was finally able to get out and dig some silver!! :happydance01:
I bet that felt good! :happydance01: lol

Probably no Barbers and IH's here... but plenty of Mercs, Rosies and Washingtons.
Good enough! :yes: lol I'm sure there no complains about a hunt like that. I know I wouldn't be. \:hammer: lol
Wow Joe! It looks like you found yourself another sweet spot! thumbsup01
Nice finds buddy! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

Way to go Ron! :clapping:
Congrats on a great hunt! :congrats:
Way to show that youngster how to do it! thumbsup01 lol

dave in iowa
09-16-2012, 10:28 PM
good hunt Joe , sounds like a good spot.........

dave in iowa
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
great hunt , good spot
|:cheering:

jkress
09-17-2012, 12:04 AM
I bet that felt good!

Yes it did. :smitten:

I'm sure there no complains about a hunt like that. I know I wouldn't be. \:hammer: lol
Wow Joe! It looks like you found yourself another sweet spot! thumbsup01

You are right... no complaints here. Any shiny one is a keeper in my book.
I sure hope it proves to be another good site. Seems like we are adding more sites to
our list than we have time to hunt. crying01 Hopefully we will get a late freeze this year for extended detecting time.

Way to show that youngster how to do it! thumbsup01 lol

He certainly did. |:confused:) 68 years young and he was running circles around me today. :clapping: Good times for sure.

great hunt , good spot
|:cheering:

Thanks Dave. Time will tell. :->

PL8MAN
09-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Sweet silver , love them Mercs thumbsup01
Glen

aloldstuff
09-17-2012, 07:00 AM
First day there and you guys pull 10 silvers. Yup, sounds like you will be going back. Nice find on the map. :congrats:

milco
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a great hunt and congrats on the silver, good luck when you go back! Those dimes have to have some big brothers in the ground!

Fire Fighter 43
09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice hunt and congrats on the silver. 2 hours and 10 silvers, that is definetly worth many more trips. WTG |:cheering: