PDA

View Full Version : Back to my little hot spot...

Snapolson
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I got back to the area Friday where I've been having some really nice finds at and this hunt was no exception. It's not a huge area so I feel I've scanned just about all there is to scan except for some really overgrown spots that are hard to reach.

First I found a vintage lipstick container from the 50's or 60's with the lipstick still in it. Then a nice bottle from about the same time period. I found what looks to be a musket ball. It's pretty heavy and I've seen them before, so I'm pretty sure it is one.

I was there a long time and not finding any coins and then I hit a nice signal in the high 80's on the T2 but the ferrous level on the meter was up two bars, so I was thinking a bottle cap. Imagine my surprise when this silver disc pops out onto the pile of dirt! :omg: A Barber quarter!!!! WOW! Usually silver rings up high with NO ferrous bars at all, same with pennies, but there must have been other traces of iron in the ground to throw it off.

Then I came across what I was hoping to be a largie but it turned out to be a metal slug with the letters M S stamped on one side, with the other side blank. Oh well. It was a great hunt overall and I went home happy. Oh, I also found a wheat penny but dropped it inside my car, so for now it's lost under the seat somewhere. lol I'll find it someday. I didn't get a chance to see the date on it.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting all! :groovy:

aloldstuff
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Things may have been a little slow but finding a Barber quarter is great. It only takes that one find to make the day worthwhile. :congrats:

Sal66
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
|:cheering: Never a bad day when you find Silver. Too bad it's so worn, but I'd give it a G-4 anyway. That slug you found could be from an old game , like a game piece. Do you know the Approx. date on the bottle or type? I'm sure someone will know what it is.
Congrats !
Sal

leslie(nova scotia)
09-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Wowzer youz a busy man. Nice scoffs and continued good hunting. <;)

starman2
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
:wow:! :congrats: on the Barber Quarter! That was a nice surprise! Wish I could find 1!

BobE
09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
A Barber quarter: always a pleasant surprise when they pop out.
Thanks for posting

POKIE73
09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
:congrats on your barber quarter dennis