PDA

View Full Version : Crappy day hunting. Wait!!!!!

RaZR
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Today i headed to an old park in the heart of the big city. This place has a comunity pool that has been there since 1922. And it's a big park. So i figured there was plenty of oppertunity for silver. I hit a spot by an old baseball backstop and gathered up a couple quarters three dimes and three pennies all on the surface in a one foot circle. But never hit anything deep. So i headed to the area around the pool. Still nothing really deep and nothing old. Then it starts to rain, so i throw my small towel over the E-trac pod and head to the truck. It wasn't till after i got home that i found that i did get something good. [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
At first i thought it was just a clad Roosevelt dime. But it's a [attachimg=3] 1903 barber dime!
An ugly 1903 barber dime! But it's my first barber dime. I got a quarter last year but had never hit the dime.
Also got some clad.

aloldstuff
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Isn't that a sweet surprise. WTG on getting your 1st Barber dime. Now you know that the park has something to offer. :congrats:

Fire Fighter 43
09-18-2012, 02:02 PM
A big congrats on your first Barber dime, WTG |:cheering: I love when when I get a surprise like that after the clean-up. It may be ugly but in your eyes I'm sure she is beutiful.

starman2
09-18-2012, 04:42 PM
:happy: WTG RaZR! on your first B dime!

POKIE73
09-18-2012, 06:36 PM
just what the doctor ordered to make you feel better congrats on your first baber dime ya gotta love them barbers dennis

BobE
09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
That is one beat up Barber dime but the first is always special.
I would proudly display it and wouldn't sell it for $10.00.
Congrads..on the start of your detected Barber dime collection.

CODY
09-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Love those Barbers! She may be old and beat up, but shes still a lady. :congrats: on all your finds.