PDA

View Full Version : Went MDing - Found Bottles

milco
09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I planned to go metal detecting today at some house demo sites, but nothin' doin' and no good finds at all in these small urban yards. However the demo workers unearthed a whole bunch of really nice bottles and I was the lucky finder. Unfortunately, I had to stand by and watch the excavator break up and bury a whole bunch more bottles that I could not get to while they were working.

mike l
09-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Those are some nice old bottles :twirlingeyes:, It must have been hard to watch the plow smash them up >:/ :( :hairpulling: >:/

aloldstuff
09-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Some very nice looking bottles, must have been a shame to watch the dozer plow under the others. :hairpulling:

Tony Two-Cent
09-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Wow, those are some wonderful old bottles, Darren! :wow:

I don't even want to think about the ones you weren't able to rescue. :-\

Congrats on the great finds! :clapping:

Ill Digger
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
:wow: Darren! Those are some cool old bottles! I'm no expert on bottles but I do know those blob tops are pretty old. Early 1800's I'm pretty sure :thinkingabout: Nice ink well too thumbsup01 And who knew they put snuff in glass bottles back then? Not me. :dontknow: lol
Awesome score! |:cheering:
Congats! :grin:
It must of been tough watching the operator demolish all the others :shocked04: :hairpulling: :crying02: :shocked04:verreaction:

del
09-21-2012, 09:01 AM
love :loveit: :loveit: the bottles Darren , i see some hutchinsons , blob sodas . they all look late 1880s to 1890's to me , the construction crew probably dug into a privy what a shame they couldn't save the rest .

JTGOLD
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
neat looking bottles and a good save on them.wtg.

milco
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
love :loveit: :loveit: the bottles Darren , i see some hutchinsons , blob sodas . they all look late 1880s to 1890's to me , the construction crew probably dug into a privy what a shame they couldn't save the rest .

It was not a privy that they uncovered, all the bottles were buried along the foundation wall of a house circa 1890's. They were literally falling out of the dirt as they were diggin out the foundation. Also saw a horse shoe, some enamal ware and all sort of things that must have been thrown in to backfill the foundation when the house was built. Yes the Hutch bottles date to the 1880-1890's time frame. Thanks for lookin!