PDA

View Full Version : When you least expect it...

Thiltzy
09-20-2012, 09:31 PM
The plan was to do some early morning water hunting yesterday and today then an afternoon cellar hole hunt this afternoon. We were hoping for for some gold and silver jewelry in the water and then try for some old coins at a cellar hole.

I really had my mind set on getting some nice jewelry finds considering we just had a very windy rain storm this week but unfortunately, gold and silver jewelry has been hard to come by in the water these days. I did manage a silver Washington and John also got 3 silver dimes but all my jewelry finds were either the junk or costume variety. :hairpulling:

[attachimg=1]

After a quick lunch, we moved on to a cellar hole that has been hit very hard in the past. It was only 20 mins from the beach so we thought we would give it a shot in the dark. Again, we didn't get what we were hoping for and no coins were found at the site. The only notable find was a nice Eagle Infantry button but I forgot to take pics of it.

Feeling the agony of defeat for the 1st time in a while, we decided to call it quits and make our way back to the car. It was a 5 min walk through the woods to reach our car so I kept swinging my coil along an old cart path and just before we reached the car, I got very solid hit that rang up in the 25 cent range. Thinking I was gonna pull up a clad quarter that maybe some hiker lost in the woods when out pops a nice silver and gold ring. It is marked Zenith 925-14k and set with a red gemstone. This secluded area in the woods was the last place I'd expect to find what we initially set out to get at the beach...go figure :dontknow:
[attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5][attachimg=6]

del
09-21-2012, 03:30 AM
very unique looking ring Thiltzy :perfect10: congrats my friend |:cheering:

aloldstuff
09-21-2012, 04:51 AM
You got the old coin at the beach and the gold in the woods....go figure. Nice recovery :congrats:

dalewestaby
09-21-2012, 04:56 AM
unreal! That had to be a blast to find! :cool:

BHNugget
09-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Congrats!! I love lake and beach hunting, but it sure seems to take more of a toll on my arms than hunting in the parks. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
09-21-2012, 09:45 AM
You just never know what the next beep is gonna be |:cheering:
Like Del said, that's a very unique looking ring! |:cheering:
Sweet find!
Congats! :grin:

whammy
09-21-2012, 10:27 AM
How sweet it is. Good on ya. :congrats:

JTGOLD
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
very nice looking ring and good finds too,wtg.

CODY
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Very nice, Congrats!

RaZR
09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
That is a nice ring!! Looks like a ruby in it. :congrats: that and a silver Washington is a great day hunting in my book. And like i tell everyone you never know what you'll find or where you'll find it
Strange things end up in strange places. You found a good one! :yes: