PDA

View Full Version : V3i Restore Factory seting :huh:

TennBob
09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
need some help ! how do you reset / restore factory V3i setting back to like when NEW :dontknow: all of them??

CyberSage
09-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I have notes on how to do this. Give me little time to find it. Whites no longer condones this procedure as it messed up quite a few detectors (alters some of the calibrations). Better to just get help from Whites. They are very good about helping out customers.

Jack

CyberSage
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Be warned: You can mess up the calibration of your detector very easily by doing this. This will take you to a hidden menu on both the V3, and the V3i, but my understanding is this should only be done on the V3i. Who knows for sure, Whites is very secretive these days.

To do a master reset... (Factory Reset)

1. Press ON/OFF, and hold. Do not release.
2. Press MENU/TAB, and hold.
3. RELEASE ON/OFF
4. Push ON/OFF again.

From here you will see the master reset option.

KYBuzzBox
09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Like Jack stated, this procreedure sent a lot of V3i's back to SweetHome after trying it (that's why White's pulled it from their site). I would advise calling White's technical service and see if they can help you get you V3i straight w/o doing this proceedure. Good luck.

aloldstuff
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Are you talking about resetting certain programs back to the factory settings? If so then at the bottom of the program section you will see restore. go from there