PDA

View Full Version : Silver and Indian Heads

jkress
09-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Ron wanted to check out a park this morning he said, he and his buddies use to Chase girls in the 1960's. lol

After a, somewhat, short road trip to this small town... I was shocked I hadn't noticed this park last year. :shocked04: I thought I hit
about every park within a 45 mile radius of our hometown. Somehow this gem of an old park managed to stay off my radar.

We had to wait out several rain showers today under a pavilion, but the short spurts of time we were able to swing
the coil... gave us some keepers. The oldest coin of the day was an 1894 IH Ron dug. We'll be back to this park soon. :yes:

About an hour of hunting produced these for me. :happydance01:
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-51.jpg

Good luck this weekend folks.

Ill Digger
09-21-2012, 08:08 PM
:shocked01: That in just 1 hour?! :shocked04:
Whoa! This should be interesting... :->
I can hardly wait! :envious:
Sweet finds for an hour Joe! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:
What did Ron come out of there with besides the IH?

Tony Two-Cent
09-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I agree with Tim, those are great results for such a short hunt! That park surely has a lot more goodies in the soil! Those Indian Heads look great too! :yes:

I think a person would be surprised at how many parks there are within 45 miles of home. I know I'm still discovering old parks in my territory. It's always exciting to discover a park that you didn't know about, imagining the old coins that might be hiding in the ground.

I hope you and Ron find a lot more there, Joe! thumbsup01

JTGOLD
09-21-2012, 09:00 PM
very nice keepers,wtg.

milco
09-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Great 1 hour hunt! I hope you guys get back there soon and pull some more great finds!

jkress
09-22-2012, 12:17 AM
:shocked01: That in just 1 hour?! :shocked04:

Thank you buddy.
Yes, give or take a little. Seems like we did more waiting than detecting this morning.

What did Ron come out of there with besides the IH?

He was the smarter of the two of us today. :yes: He spent more time waiting out the rain than I did. :embarrassed:
I threw a towel over my control box and probe switch box, hoped for the best and went out a bit more than I should have.
His best find was the IH.

Had a bit of a scare this morning with the rain. I thought I fried my machine when all of a sudden I kept getting high
tone targets with every swing. Every swing gave me lots of targets to investigate. After a few minutes of this... I pulled the
towel off the screen to figure out what was going on. I accidently turned off my Iron Mask when attempting
to hit the Pinpoint button while the towel covered the screen. lol I was hunting in All Metal for a while. 8/
After that scare... I rejoined Ron under the pavilion.

Those Indian Heads look great too! :yes:

Thanks Tony. The soil in the park is of the sandy/black dirt type. :smitten: Very nice on copper coins.

I think a person would be surprised at how many parks there are within 45 miles of home. I know I'm still discovering old parks in my territory.

It sure was a surprise to me. After rechecking google... I can easily see how I missed it. :yes: A bonus park for sure.

very nice keepers,wtg.

Thank you JT. :)

Great 1 hour hunt! I hope you guys get back there soon and pull some more great finds!

thumbsup01 Me too.

dave in iowa
09-22-2012, 01:33 AM
great hunt joe , nice indians
|:cheering:

CODY
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM
:wow: Nice finds Joe. Congrats.

POKIE73
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
them injuns sure look good the merc is also a great find congrats on a great hunt dennis

aloldstuff
09-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Joe, those IH's look excellent. Pretty scary feeling thinking that your machine is fouled up. Good for you on figuring it out. Rob and I are still discovering hidden parks. We should just ask Angel for the list.... rofl