PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Colorado trip

moseng
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi,

I will be heading to Colorado for a few days next week (8th-13th) and it's looking like I might bring the stick because I'll have a few hours on Friday the 9th. I will be in the boulder area and was wondering if one of you locals might have some ideas on places to hunt in the area, or maybe even be up for a 3-4 hour hunt? Looking for a little R&R and perhaps a gold eagle or two!! :cheesysmile: OK, the R&R part is the main thing!! Thanks!

moseng
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Bueller? Ferris Bueller? :poke:

Not really looking for you uber secret hunting spots, just some ideas other than the local parks maybe? If you have some time on Friday, then great! Lunch is on me!

coinnut
04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
If you pay my air fare, I'll detect with you lol Can't help you, I'm from Massachusetts :rolleyes: Do we have any Colorodians out there?? ;)

moseng
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks coinnut! Grew up in Manchester New Hampshire! Still get up that way every once in awhile. Man! I envy you guys who get to dig in that old ground up there! Not as much as the European folks of course but it's a close second! :grin:

coinnut
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes, it pays to live in Massachusetts and I mean that tax wise too rofl But for our tax dollars we get to find some of the oldest relics in America. Can't compete with Europe though, but I'm happy. Other parts of the US have newer coins, but the condition is nothing like our green corroded discs :ticked: I guess every place has their pluses. :yes:

moseng
04-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Ok so I head out today and will spend a few hours on Friday hunting somewhere in the Boulder area. Found a few possible old spots so it should be interesting.

If anyone is around there and is up for a hunt, let me know. I'm thinking morning some time.

superbowls
04-09-2010, 09:20 AM
If you are going to detect in Boulder, you won't find any Gold or Silver as every thing in The Republic of Boulder has to be Green.

CyberSage
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
If you are going to detect in Boulder, you won't find any Gold or Silver as every thing in The Republic of Boulder has to be Green.

lol lol lol

Hey you old hole digger! I found one of your modified screwdriver leverage poppers. You left it stuck in the ground. Give me a shout, the weather is nice. Lets go hunt'in.

Looking forward to the hunt moseng. Hope we find something.

Jack

moseng
04-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Just a followup. I managed a morning hunt with the generous help of CyberSage. A better host one could not ask for! He and I met at a park in Longmont and had a great time. CyberSage even planted some nice silver and some wheats for me to find which made my day! :grin: He also managed to dig himself a very nice (and the oldest coin of the day) IH. I will be posting in the coinshooting forum when I get back! Thanks again Jack for the great time!