PDA

View Full Version : Silver, Large Cent, Foriegn Coin, and More!

Bell-Two
09-23-2012, 08:57 AM
This last week we got out for a few hunts, getting some wheats and some other goodies. Some of the better finds were a nice padlock key and a 14k gold plated ring. Yesterday we went to an old house that we had gotten permission for a few weeks ago. First signal gave Diane a 1964 Rosey so we started out well. This small yard had a fair amount of clad but was not giving up too much, I got a couple of wheats and then in a in an iron littered part of the yard I could barely squeak out a 12-46 signal, difficult target to pinpoint no matter which method I used. I popped out a green disc that was encrusted with iron crud on it…and a couple of scratches, I guess I did it because the iron in the hole…well that’s my story and I am sticking with it! After much cleaning, when you hold it at the right angle and in a good light with a good loupe you can see the last digit 8 on it, since it is a Young Head Large Cent it would have to be an 1838. Diane finished up with what I believe is a type of Chinese Cash coin, larger than many and made out of aluminum, any help on ID would be appreciated.

CODY
09-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Great finds. Congrats!

aloldstuff
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
:congrats: on all your keepers. Right angle, good light w/loupe, yeah I got a couple of coins like that.

dalewestaby
09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I cant wait to see that gold ring alll cleaned up!!!

Bell-Two
09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I cant wait to see that gold ring alll cleaned up!!!

Well that is about as clean as it gets, it is only gold plated and where the plating is gone the base metal got rather crusty!