PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Silver Best

z118
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Not much hunting for me lately - I got out once over the past two weeks for just a short hunt and scored a bit of clad. Yesterday (Saturday) was too busy for detecting and even though this morning was free I was having a hard time convincing myself to go hunting at all. I couldn't think of anywhere great to go and the list of things to do around the house was pretty distracting. At the last minute though I did get the gumption and headed off to a spot a few towns over that had given up some old coins in previous hunts and had a tot lot I had not hit in some time. I was not expecting much and even figured out a second spot to check out if things got too slow.

I can only say I have never been so glad I decided to go detecting. The tot lot gave up a bit of clad, after which I hit the turf. It was a beautiful Fall day... I mean absolutely perfect. Fantastic blue skies and sun and a nice breeze and the sounds and smells of early Autumn. It was great. And I have no idea how this is possible but long story short I somehow dug 115 coins including 9 wheats and 7 silvers, which is the most silver I've ever gotten in a single hunt before (I'd gotten 6 a few other times). And yes, I count the war nickle! lol I also found a very nice older looking sterling ring. If anyone can help with an ID that would be great. There are initials in it too (not in the pic).

So it was a pretty great day... I'm very happy I let the to do list sit for another day, and took the time to get outside and savor the season and score some good treasure.

Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

aloldstuff
09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
:congrats: on beating your best silver day. Yes I think that most folks would count the war nickle, I know I do. 115 coins in one days hunt is great, |:cheering: I wouldn't be able to walk for a week if I attempted anything like that. Nice looking ring, looks like it has some age to it.

Terry Soloman
09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
:wow: :congrats: What a fantastic Hunt!!! :perfect10:

bob_e99
09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
:wow:

I guess that would qualify as a pretty decent hunt. :congrats:

And that ring really tops it off with a flare. Just awesome!

AmxFred
09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Very nice finds. The ring looks like a 1931 class ring. I found a 1919 that looks similiar a few weeks ago.

Tony Two-Cent
09-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow, look at all that silver! :shocked04: :drool:

I love the silver ring! It looks old. Very cool!

Congrats on the great finds! :perfect10:

skribnodsister
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
:wow: Now thats alot of silver! Very cool ring! :congrats: on all the great finds. :perfect10:

dalewestaby
09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Very Impresssive! Yes today was beautiful! I was detecting alllll day

milco
09-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Great hunt there Z! WTG!

POKIE73
09-24-2012, 07:41 AM
all that shiny stuff there soon you will have to wear sunglasses congrats on your finds dennis ps i like that ring looks old

etrac1
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
That ring looks cool and 7 silvers that's a great hunt.

pulltabsteve
09-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Awesome Silver day Z!!!!! And that ring sure is cool |:cheering: