PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's hunt.. 09-22-2012

DennisH
09-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I meet up with Joe (minelabIowa) Saturday to try a fall hunt in the water. I had found sivler dimes in the water before so I was going to hunt the beach for an hour before Joe got there, no silver but I did get 2 wheats. There was a guy who just finished hunting the whole beach, I just wondered around and filled in HIS holes, some people will never learn.

After joe got there we hunted the water for 2 1/2 hours, Joe went deeper and froze his hands, I never made it the deeper part so my hands were fine. Joe went home with his blue hands and I hit another beach for another 3 1/2 hours never going deeper the my upper thighs, this keeps my hands dry. Both me and Joe now have scuba gloves on order, hopeing they get here before Saturday.

The finds were great, not in the pic is an oldish pocket knife and 8 wheats. The ring with the stone has no hallmark but acid tested 14k gold, the other ring is hallmaked sterling and tested sterling. 1 Merc., 2 silver rosys, and a silver nickel are a water hunt best for me. Can't wait to get wet again.

I also hunted for 2 hours on Sunday for $21.01 in clad.

POKIE73
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM
always wanted to try in the water finds like the ones you made just make me want to all the more congrats on a great hunt dennis

milco
09-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Sounds like a great day of hunting and you made some nice finds, congrats!

CODY
09-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice finds. Congrats!

Jeff (or)
09-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Very nice finds, ya done good! :cool: :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
09-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Those finds are worth some blue hands. :congrats: Two very nice rings and some silver coins would make me smile.

Tony Two-Cent
09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Very nice results, Dennis! I especially love the gold ring! :loveit:

Congrats on the successful water hunt!

jkress
09-26-2012, 10:43 PM
:peace: :peace: :peace:
Awesome ones for your impressive collection. |:confused:)

Glad to hear you got some hunting in with Joe. I had to miss an invite from him a couple of weeks ago because of work. crying01

So........... how many gold rings this year. :-> :shocked04: Congratulations on the silver and gold Dennis. :clapping: