PDA

View Full Version : Some cool finds

Snapolson
09-26-2012, 09:52 AM
These are a few of the nice finds I got from the past few hunts at a few of my regular go to spots over the past week. The first is a silver pencil pendant found near an old colonial cellar hole. I wasn't sure what I had at first but I could tell it was silver. I found the hallmark later on. I looked them up online and it seems they were quite popular back in the day. I'm not sure how old mine is though.

I found a couple of wheat pennies near each other in second hunt. One a 1953 the other 1939.

And lastly I found the matchbox, a small container, and the skeleton key in my final hunt near my house. I've always wanted to find a key like this! Cool! :cool: It was along the edge of what used to be a foundation to a home that was present in the 1930's. Now it's part of a wooded park. The metal container rang up as a silver half and was down about 8 inches. I was hoping against hope that there would in fact be a silver half inside, but it was not to be. Maybe next time. lol

Thanks for looking and happy hunting out there! :groovy:

aloldstuff
09-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Really liking the key, I love digging them. |:cheering: That silver pencil holder is also a very nice item. Haven't seen one before. :congrats:

dalewestaby
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM
those are some amazing finds. Glad to see you are getting some gods :groovy:

jkress
09-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Nice bunch of cool finds Snapolson. :clapping:
I'm with Al on this one... love the key. :smitten:

BHNugget
09-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Nice silver, I also like the old key! Im always hoping for silver coins in a can everytime I dig one up also......So far just empty cans lol

POKIE73
09-27-2012, 06:18 AM
congrats on all your finds i too have found a silver pencil looks simalar to the one you hve dennis

RobW
09-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Very cool finds...I haven't found a skeleton key in awhile...great pencil too :clapping:

CODY
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Nice finds, thekeys are always fun to find.

JTGOLD
09-28-2012, 09:49 PM
very nice finds,wtg.