PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Wax - Results

Sal66
09-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Attention tanacat: Like i said, the before coin might have a little Vaseline still on it. I can't find my original Pic right now. The Coin was found, wow, 2002 maybe. It was my 1st Large Cent ever. Dan remembers that day, right Dan, if your there.
One reason if there doesn't seem to be much of a difference also is that the coin is in XF-45 Condition anyway. I swear though, when i tried it on the IH's, the difference was amazing. Oh one other thing I forgot to mention is the coin was warmed up in the sun first because the Wax was brand new and still like Candle Wax. As you use it though, it becomes more pasty and therfore easier to work with. I used a cloth that people use for Glasses on the smooth Coins. I did however use it on a very rough (bumpy) surfaced 1819 Matron Head and used my Thumb to get into the hard to reach areas and don't forget to do the rim.
I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH. DON'T USE THIS IF YOU ARE PLANINNING TO HAVE IT GRADED. IT WILL COME BACK POLISHED BY PCGS AND PROB. BY NGC. I DON'T THINK THEY EVEN GIVE FULL GRADES TO DUG COINS ANYWAY.
With lower grading services, I'm not sure about.
If you need to see the pictures better, then just click on it to enlarge.

del
09-26-2012, 03:07 PM
i remember that coin , you were so excited i thought you were gonna pee yourself when you found it . lol rofl

it looks very sharp Sal |:cheering: |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
09-26-2012, 06:09 PM
:shocked03: so THAT'S what they're s'posed to look like.

tanacat
09-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info Sal! Your LC looks great! I have a 1820 LC(my oldest & most cherished coin) and it keeps popping up with these corroded copper spots, like a disease. Reminds me of the Ick that I keep treating my anglefish for- it goes away with medication and then reappears weeks later lol I know this is strange comparison but that's what it seems like. The olive oil I've been soaking my LC in def seems to be a temporary solution.

I think I'll use wax for the class ring I found also, it's cracking all over. I think it will help fill in the cracks to look better. I'll show it to you soon- I think it's from early 1900's or maybe even late 1800's. I can't find a date on it yet. I need to figure out how to post pics from my new laptop.

Sal66
09-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok, then I guess we will see the pic in say another month while you figure that out. :sleepy:
Just IM me when you do, back to :sleepy:

Sal66
09-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Tony, I also used it on a 1865 2 Cent Coin. It protects the copper more than Polishes it. You might, if you lucky, get a little sheen. ( And NO, NOT Charlie) :behave:

Tony Two-Cent
09-28-2012, 11:45 AM
That's a beautiful two-cent piece, Sal! I think the wax improved the look of it as well as providing protection. I still have my fingers crossed that I will find one someday.

Thanks for your two cents worth! thumbsup01

Sal66
10-02-2012, 06:16 AM
|:cheering: Thanks Tony. I addd another couple layers as it seems you need to build up enough on some of the tougher Coins and now it looks even better.

Thiltzy
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Great job Sal.

I swear...your coins have fantastic details :envious: BTW...great job on the camera pics...very crisp thumbsup01